Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer lighting is Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • They do not, at least not for status, but an update is coming in a couple of weeks that adds this. The switches are user upgradable.

    Originally posted by Shallowearth View Post
    Do these switches support direct association or not? The documentation is super confusing, some saying it does, others saying that group one is for deletion only whatever that means.
    website | buy now | support | youtube

    Comment


    • Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Forrest - this is on hold for now as the minimum production run would require a purchase of 15,000 trimplates.
      Mark,
      Put my hat in as another looking forward to this possibility. Light Almond is a major WAF and really is what's stopping me from pulling the trigger on a bunch of switches. I take it this more than a $2000 investment for you guys.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rjh View Post
        They do not, at least not for status, but an update is coming in a couple of weeks that adds this. The switches are user upgradable.
        Rich, will you also add the option to leave the bottom LED on when the dimmer is turned off?

        Comment


        • Any news on the firmware update which will enable direct association? That turns out to be pretty important for my application. I have light switches in the attic communicating with remote switches on the walls. I want the house to function at some level even if Homeseer goes down or is unavailable and I can't really have orphan lights that can only be turned on and off if homeseer is running. I like the WD100+ better than the Cooper Electric switches but the direct association problem may be show stopper. There was a post in November that referenced an update coming soon.

          Comment


          • It is in the latest shipping products, but there is an issue updating older firmware. I expect a fix any day. I would open a helpdesk ticket so we can track and update you when its ready.

            Originally posted by DrStrange View Post
            Any news on the firmware update which will enable direct association? That turns out to be pretty important for my application. I have light switches in the attic communicating with remote switches on the walls. I want the house to function at some level even if Homeseer goes down or is unavailable and I can't really have orphan lights that can only be turned on and off if homeseer is running. I like the WD100+ better than the Cooper Electric switches but the direct association problem may be show stopper. There was a post in November that referenced an update coming soon.
            website | buy now | support | youtube

            Comment


            • What firmware do I need? Switches I have now are at 5.14. Homeseer allows me to set associations but they don't work to run remote switches. If I associate a Cooper switch to the WD100+ the Cooper switch can run it so the WD100+ can receive associations. If I associate two WD100+ switches, however, nothing happens. The WD100+ does not send normal association signals to run remote switches.

              Also, I would put my vote in for a setting to disable the LED lights. Since my switches are all switching remote loads the LEDs have no relationship to the light being switched which is annoying.

              Thanks for your help

              Comment


              • Actually, what I posted was incorrect. We send a multilevel report in the new firmware, this updates HS immediately, but what you need is a "basic set" to be sent in order to control other devices. What you can do is create an event in HS that triggers on the switch being "set" a value, then send an On or Off as needed to the other device you want to control.

                Originally posted by DrStrange View Post
                What firmware do I need? Switches I have now are at 5.14. Homeseer allows me to set associations but they don't work to run remote switches. If I associate a Cooper switch to the WD100+ the Cooper switch can run it so the WD100+ can receive associations. If I associate two WD100+ switches, however, nothing happens. The WD100+ does not send normal association signals to run remote switches.

                Also, I would put my vote in for a setting to disable the LED lights. Since my switches are all switching remote loads the LEDs have no relationship to the light being switched which is annoying.

                Thanks for your help
                website | buy now | support | youtube

                Comment


                • Thanks for the info. Is there any chance that you will implement that kind of "basic" command structure in the future or is that mutually exclusive to the commands that are currently issued? I can easily simulate this with Homeseer but I need to ensure that at some low level, the house functions and the lights can turn on and off even if the server crashes or fails to reboot after a power outage, or I sell the house and take Homeseer with me.

                  Thanks again

                  Comment


                  • WS100+ Switch Speed

                    Hello,

                    I purchased both a WD100+ and a WS100+ as a test and will hopefully be making a big order once the switches are back in stock.

                    One thing that I'm still on the fence about is the switch speed for the WS100+. I see around a 1 second delay when pressing the paddle. The delay is similar when turning on the switch remotely. Interestingly, my cloud connected Belkin switch in the same room turns on faster when issuing a voice command via Alexa, which was unexpected to me given the extra latency with going to and from the cloud.

                    Is it possible to configure the switch speed? I'm currently using SmartThings but would be happy to try a zwave stick with the Homeseer software if it means being able to shorten this delay.

                    Thanks!

                    Diffident

                    Comment


                    • I will note this and see what we can do.

                      Originally posted by DrStrange View Post
                      Thanks for the info. Is there any chance that you will implement that kind of "basic" command structure in the future or is that mutually exclusive to the commands that are currently issued? I can easily simulate this with Homeseer but I need to ensure that at some low level, the house functions and the lights can turn on and off even if the server crashes or fails to reboot after a power outage, or I sell the house and take Homeseer with me.

                      Thanks again
                      website | buy now | support | youtube

                      Comment


                      • 1 second does not seem right. I have one in my office here and it seems instant to me. There is a 200ms delay as it has to determine if you are pressing and holding the paddle for the press-hold action. But that is 1/5 sec, far less than 1 second. Do you have more than one switch? It may be a little faster if you tap it as opposed to holding it down.

                        Originally posted by diffident View Post
                        Hello,

                        I purchased both a WD100+ and a WS100+ as a test and will hopefully be making a big order once the switches are back in stock.

                        One thing that I'm still on the fence about is the switch speed for the WS100+. I see around a 1 second delay when pressing the paddle. The delay is similar when turning on the switch remotely. Interestingly, my cloud connected Belkin switch in the same room turns on faster when issuing a voice command via Alexa, which was unexpected to me given the extra latency with going to and from the cloud.

                        Is it possible to configure the switch speed? I'm currently using SmartThings but would be happy to try a zwave stick with the Homeseer software if it means being able to shorten this delay.

                        Thanks!

                        Diffident
                        website | buy now | support | youtube

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          I will note this and see what we can do.
                          Thanks! I would be happy to decrease the double tap speed or even turn off double and triple taps on certain switches if it would result in faster on times.

                          Keep up the awesome work! I'm very impressed with how responsive you guys are to your customers.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            1 second does not seem right. I have one in my office here and it seems instant to me. There is a 200ms delay as it has to determine if you are pressing and holding the paddle for the press-hold action. But that is 1/5 sec, far less than 1 second. Do you have more than one switch? It may be a little faster if you tap it as opposed to holding it down.
                            It definitely doesn't feel instant to me. Trying today, the delay might not be quite 1 second but it's close. Hopefully it's just the switch, though regardless, I would probably not use the tap and hold feature for my non-dimmer switches. Would be really nice to disable that option if it would eliminate the 200ms delay (same for the double and triple tap feature).

                            Best,

                            D.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by macromark View Post
                              Looks like they has turned into a feature request thread!

                              The Cooper switch includes a nice trim feature to compensate for flickering in older LEDs. Fortunately, the newer bulbs aren't as prone to this. Of course, the Cooper switches are also $20 more and are not Z-Wave Plus!

                              No plans for a fan controller or split fan/light switch at this point.
                              In case you are taking a tally of customers wanting an in wall ceiling fan controller to go with current lineup, please count this as my vote.

                              Something to match the WD100, with preferably 5 speed levels (GE has three).

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MarkFrTX View Post
                                In case you are taking a tally of customers wanting an in wall ceiling fan controller to go with current lineup, please count this as my vote.

                                Something to match the WD100, with preferably 5 speed levels (GE has three).
                                Yes, I have been battling the lack of ZWave fan control options recently as well since we are needing to replace a couple fans anyway. Even more of a problem when there is only one switch on the wall. . .looks like I might end up trying to mount the GE Fan control switch up above the fan canopy. . .then use the double tap on a WD switch to actually control the speeds from the wall.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X