X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morrisdlx
    replied
    Challenges with NANO related to Switch numbers and wattage

After waiting for months to get an Aeotec NANO dimmer, I had to return it because, per their tech support, it cannot function with circuits that have (in my case) five switches or are more than 30 feet apart. I still think it is a quality product but, I hope they provide more data so that other can make informed decisions.

My issue, I have five (5) switches controlling the lights on our back deck. Based on my research this is a 3-way, three 4-ways, and a 3-way. Now that I know that the NANO will not work, I am looking for a cost effective way to automate (on/off) control of this circuit. I hope others have solved this and look forward to reading responses.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• scorp508
    replied
    Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Rich,

That's great news! Please keep us informed on the possible Fan switch also. I'm in desperate need of a fan switch for a room remodel and not sure where to get a GE for now or hold out a bit longer.
    +1, also in need of a 2-in-1 light/fan switch for a 1-gang box.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Yes, we now have excellent stock on all the switches!
    Rich,

That's great news! Please keep us informed on the possible Fan switch also. I'm in desperate need of a fan switch for a room remodel and not sure where to get a GE for now or hold out a bit longer.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Yes, we now have excellent stock on all the switches!

Leave a comment:

• scorp508
    replied
    I received the email stating companions were in stock. I quickly went and submitted an order for 7 companions and a bunch of other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• scorp508
    replied
    Companions are in the country and should be here around the middle of next week. Dimmers we have now.

Awesome, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Companions are in the country and should be here around the middle of next week. Dimmers we have now.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
    Hi Rich, any hints on this shipment's arrival? I'm rocking back and forth ready to make another order. I did sign up for the notification in the store.

Leave a comment:

• scorp508
    replied
    I understand your frustration. There was a manufacturing issue with the companions that delayed them. We have a very large shipment coming in which will hopefully keep us in good supply. Make sure you put your email on the wait list on the product page so you are first to get notified when they are in stock.
    Hi Rich, any hints on this shipment's arrival? I'm rocking back and forth ready to make another order. I did sign up for the notification in the store.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    I understand your frustration. There was a manufacturing issue with the companions that delayed them. We have a very large shipment coming in which will hopefully keep us in good supply. Make sure you put your email on the wait list on the product page so you are first to get notified when they are in stock.

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    I really wish you guys could get the inventory levels right. I waited for different shipments on my larger orders also. And the Companions were the last ones to get in stock and that was just a few weeks back and now they out of stock again.

Nothing worse then recommending to a friend or needing a product yourself that you can't buy or is not available.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Dimmers should be here next week, companions are slated for around mid May. We have relay switches now.
    I really wish you guys could get the inventory levels right. I waited for different shipments on my larger orders also. And the Companions were the last ones to get in stock and that was just a few weeks back and now they out of stock again.

Nothing worse then recommending to a friend or needing a product yourself that you can't buy or is not available.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Dimmers should be here next week, companions are slated for around mid May. We have relay switches now.

Originally posted by sbwright View Post
    I'm looking for 18 dimmers, 18 switches, 19 companions. Any idea when these devices will all be in stock??

Leave a comment:

• sbwright
    replied
    Status Update on "On Order Devices"

I'm looking for 18 dimmers, 18 switches, 19 companions. Any idea when these devices will all be in stock??

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    Same as the other guys have posted. I have 5 in-wall z-wave outlets, which I definitely prefer aesthetically over the plug-in modules. I do have 4 different plug-in models and the best by far is the Aeon Gen 6. Essentially, I'd like that functionality (not too concerned about the LED) but built-in. An enhanced version of the Cooper, Enerwave, GE ones if you will.

Looks like the Enerwave Plus model has most of what I want. Think I'll try one of those.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by thewizardofoz View Post
    Mark You must have been using Vera for the store automation.

Actually, we let Moe, Larry and Curly work the controls for a while!

Leave a comment:

• thewizardofoz
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Yes, we did have a "glitch" with the store... a bit of automation that went awry. Some folks were able to place orders for items not in stock. We have fixed this and canceled those orders. Sorry for the confusion.
    Mark You must have been using Vera for the store automation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X