Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS200+/FC200+ LED Status for Multiple Devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS200+/FC200+ LED Status for Multiple Devices?

Sorry if this was asked and answered already. Couldn't find anything with search or browsing. But I'm wondering if there's a way to have a single LED on one of these devices show a status related to multiple devices. For example, I'd like to be able to use 1 LED to indicate that ANY of two garage doors are open (but each door has it's own device and status in HS), freeing up an LED for other device status. Same thing with two locks. A red blinking light would indicate that not all the doors are locked at 10pm for example. Would linking devices do it?

Thanks for any feedback.

Ben

I don't have one of these switches, but when I want to do what your asking for I create a virtual device called any garage door opened, then make two events... One says if door#1 is opened and virtural switch is off "OR IF" door#2 is opened and virtual switch is off then turn on virtual switch. Then another event that says if door#1 changes to closed and door#2 is closed "OR IF" door#2 changes to closed and door#1 is closed then turn off Virtual switch. Now you can tie your LED light to that one virtual switch and have what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      I don't have one of these switches, but when I want to do what your asking for I create a virtual device called any garage door opened, then make two events... One says if door#1 is opened and virtural switch is off "OR IF" door#2 is opened and virtual switch is off then turn on virtual switch. Then another event that says if door#1 changes to closed and door#2 is closed "OR IF" door#2 changes to closed and door#1 is closed then turn off Virtual switch. Now you can tie your LED light to that one virtual switch and have what you need.
      Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like that'd work worst case, and would work for me.

Comment

Working...
      X