WD100+ Min/Max dimming adjustments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD100+ Min/Max dimming adjustments?

I purchased this WD100+ from amazon as my first smart switch, it replaced a Lutron Maestro dimmer. The Lutron dimmer was programable to adjust the Minimum and Maximum dimming settings so you could get the lowest dim setting down to just above any flickering (with LED's).
    Currently with the WD100+ installed at 50% dimming the lights are on 100% and at its lowest dim setting the light are still brighter than with the Lutron's lowest setting, I did adjust it when first installed.
    So I am wondering if there a way to do the same this with the WD100+? Can I adjust the Min/Max brightness levels of this "Smart" switch?

You can do it with the WD200 dimmer (if you install the latest firmware), but the WD100 does not currently have that capability. Since the WD100 is the older model, its not clear if it will ever be added. My suggestion - for the small additional cost, for your future purchases, consider the WD200 instead. Maybe you can still return / switch the WD100?

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
      You can do it with the WD200 dimmer (if you install the latest firmware), but the WD100 does not currently have that capability. Since the WD100 is the older model, its not clear if it will ever be added. My suggestion - for the small additional cost, for your future purchases, consider the WD200 instead. Maybe you can still return / switch the WD100?
      ok, if I can exchange the WD100 for the WD200 how do you go about installing the latest firmware? I only have a smartthing hub. Just dipping my toe in the waters here(getting started)

Comment

Originally posted by ua22plumber View Post

ok, if I can exchange the WD100 for the WD200 how do you go about installing the latest firmware? I only have a smartthing hub. Just dipping my toe in the waters here(getting started)
        I'm not sure. In HomeSeer its as easy as selecting a device firmware update file and sending the updated firmware to the device.
        I had a SmartThings hub prior to switching to HomeSeer (about 2 years ago) and at that time, I don't recall any easy way to do it in SmartThings. You also need to set a device parameter to access the lowest dimming levels of the WD200 - again, I don't recall any easy way to do that in SmartThings. Maybe things have changed, but these were some of the problems that convinced me to switch to HomeSeer when I did. Sorry I couldn't be more help -- maybe someone else knows a bit more about the current state of how to do things on SmartThings.

Comment

Working...
        X