No announcement yet.

HS-WS100 failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update ... the HS-WS100 wall switches are all working as they did before. Also, any linked devices that were reliant on HS-WS100 and/or HS-WD100 wall switches/dimmers are also now working properly. Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by meisenhut2@gmail.com View Post
      I have had several of these switches fail on me. Today several more just failed immediately following a power outage. When the system came back on with power restore, most switches are working fine, but the failed ones will not even allow me to manually turn the lights on or off.
      I've also had 5 of them fail over the past year or two with similar behavior. clicking on/off, spamming the zwave network with binary reports. I have noticed that that it's been after power has been disconnected at the breaker box (power outages, and when after power restore after having a subpanel installed) Any tips on how they could be resurrected?

Comment

I just had a HS-WD100 fail, but it failed in a slightly different way where the load was stuck on. It was still responding to zwave and reporting that it was turned off when you tried to turn it off, but the load never actually shut off.

I may put a note on it and throw it in my box of random stuff in case I need a remote switch with no load at some point.

Comment

Have another one displaying same symptoms today. Tired of this.
          Michael

Comment

I have 8 of them die with similar symptoms: Blinking lights every 1 second. Some of them spammed the zwave network over and over - looks like they got caught in a reboot loop or something. I'd love to figure out how to resurrect them. Started by clicking every 1 second, spamming zwave network then quiet on the network, but still blinking the indicator light every second.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinHarrington View Post
              I have 8 of them die with similar symptoms: Blinking lights every 1 second. Some of them spammed the zwave network over and over - looks like they got caught in a reboot loop or something. I'd love to figure out how to resurrect them. Started by clicking every 1 second, spamming zwave network then quiet on the network, but still blinking the indicator light every second.
              I've had 5 GE/Jasco switches fail with exactly these symptoms.
              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by meisenhut2@gmail.com View Post
                I have had several of these switches fail on me. Today several more just failed immediately following a power outage. When the system came back on with power restore, most switches are working fine, but the failed ones will not even allow me to manually turn the lights on or off.
                I have 9 dead HS-WS100+ devices, A power outage has been involved with most (if not all) of my failures. When the light is 'on' and there is a power outage, that's when they die with the 1s click of death. My Zwave network was spammed over and over too until I removed them. Seems like a hardware or firmware issue to me, not able to reconcile the state after losing power. I'd love to learn how to resurrect them.

Comment

I officially am up to 9 failed HS-WS100+ devices. Another one died when replacing my 8th. In each case, the switches were 'on' during a power loss event (Power outage or turning off a circuit to replace another switch). I hadn't done any firmware updates on my switches. Is this a known issue that is fixed in a newer firmware?

Is there a way to completely reset these switches? I'd love to learn how to resurrect them. Homeseer - I'd love to make this a success story rather than a bunch of e-waste.

Comment

I just had a HS-WD100 apparently fail. The z-wave controller sees it, it appears to function normally with the leds display but the load lights never come on. I tried resetting via instructions and rescanning to no avail. I also pulled out the little tab for physical disconnect and pushed back in.

Thoughts?

Also, I just stumbled across this dimmer, https://www.zwaveproducts.com/collec...mmer-zl-wd-100

It seems it's the same as the HS WD-100 but a lot less $$. Has anyone tried these?

Comment

Did everyone give up on a resolution to this issue? I have a couple ws200 which failed in the same way and upon opening them up, see that the "power" board has "Dragon Teck WS100 Appl. Board" printed on it so I suspect this is the same board that is in all the failing ws100 switches. Maybe the fix is to replace the C7 cap as is on the Jasco switches? I'm going to attempt it for my ws200 switches.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20220824_102827_HDR.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1563177
                      Homeseer should have recalled these, not looking good for this company.

Comment

yep, gave up. Using Leviton on all new installs and also replacing homeseer with leviton as they die.

Comment

The HS-WS100+ has been such a disappointment. I have purchased over 20 of these a few years ago, and they keep failing. About one very couple of months. Interesting that I have had zero failures GE Enbrighten, Honewell Ultra Pro Z, and other off brands.

Comment

I have over 70 of these switches in my house and have now replaced over 20 in 3 years, 4-5 the first year 8-10 the second year and now 6 in 3 weeks. These switches are garbage and really should have been reported to BBB or recalled by Homeseer. Everything I've read is that it's due to a bad capacitor. I have held on to most of the dead switches and am going to try and swap out the cap on them next week when the new capacitors get in. Really frustrated I spent 1000's to fully automate the switches in my house only to end up with garbage. At this point every time I throw a breaker to replace one switch, it blows one or two other switches.

Comment

tlovgren Any luck with bringing your switches back to life? I've got 6-8 of the HS-WS100+ that have failed and hoping it's as simple as replacing a capacitor, but hoping you might be able to point us in the right direction before I start replacing all the caps.

I'd like to just replace these switches with Leviton or Zooz switches, but most of them are 3-way or 4-way circuits, so then I have to replace all the companion switches as well which gets quite costly and time-consuming. Thanks!

Comment

Team HS-WS100+ failure here. I've returned from a trip to a ton of dead ones. And my z-wave network ran through a lot of them, so various other devices not working and not easily repairing itself. Sigh. I'm thinking i'll try zigbee + thread/matter from Inovelli for the replacements. I think the non-zwave networks will self repair better.

Comment

Working...
                                X