Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overheated WD100+

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Overheated WD100+

    Well I've solved one thing and encountered a different problem. Somehow an outlet in the hall was connected to the kitchen lights dimmer switch, WD100+. I had a guy working on the house and he had to use a heat gun which eventually overheated the WD100+. Now I know why that outlet worked sometimes and not others.

    The WD100+ has cooled down but still will not turn on and yes, it has power to it. Is it fried or is there a way to reset it?

    #2
    It's most likely fried unfortunately.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      I installed a new WD100 and all's well. Taking apart the bad switch revealed nothing, it didn't even smell burned. Now to remove that rogue outlet from the feed for the kitchen lights and connect elsewhere.

      Comment

      Working...
      X