Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constant switch presses but no one is touching it

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Constant switch presses but no one is touching it

    Out of the clear blue, I get dozens of these at a time. Then it stops. Thoughts? Wd-100 dimmer going bad internally? The switch itself works as it should if I press the paddle. But it's doing the below by itself. I even pulled the disconnect.
    The line that bothers me is the requesting status line as I've not seen that before.
    HS4.2.6
    Z-Wave 3.0.9

    12/02/2021 16:32:03 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Virtual Front Light Level Control to L3 (3)
    12/02/2021 16:32:03 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Front Yard Eaves Control to Dim 50% (50)
    12/02/2021 16:32:03 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Front Yard Porch Light to Dim 45% (45)
    12/02/2021 16:32:03 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Lighting Scene Porch Light Scene signal received, requesting status.
    12/02/2021 16:32:03 HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Lighting - Front Yard House Front 1 Tap Up- Front Lights On"
    12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Virtual Front Light Level Control to L3 (3)
    12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Front Yard Eaves Control to Dim 50% (50)
    12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Front Yard Porch Light to Dim 45% (45)
    12/02/2021 16:32:02 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Lighting Scene Porch Light Scene signal received, requesting status.
    12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Lighting - Front Yard House Front 1 Tap Up- Front Lights On"

    #2
    What is the trigger for the event: "Lighting - Front Yard House Front 1 Tap Up- Front Lights On" ? Is that the WD-100 dimmer?
    One thought would be to create another event with the same trigger to see if it mirrors this one.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

    HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      Out of the clear blue, I get dozens of these at a time. Then it stops. Thoughts? Wd-100 dimmer going bad internally? The switch itself works as it should if I press the paddle. But it's doing the below by itself. I even pulled the disconnect.
      The line that bothers me is the requesting status line as I've not seen that before.
      HS4.2.6
      Z-Wave 3.0.9

      12/02/2021 16:32:03 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Virtual Front Light Level Control to L3 (3)
      12/02/2021 16:32:03 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Front Yard Eaves Control to Dim 50% (50)
      12/02/2021 16:32:03 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Front Yard Porch Light to Dim 45% (45)
      12/02/2021 16:32:03 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Lighting Scene Porch Light Scene signal received, requesting status.
      12/02/2021 16:32:03 HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Lighting - Front Yard House Front 1 Tap Up- Front Lights On"
      12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Virtual Front Light Level Control to L3 (3)
      12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Front Yard Eaves Control to Dim 50% (50)
      12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Device Control Device: Lighting Front Yard Porch Light to Dim 45% (45)
      12/02/2021 16:32:02 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Lighting Scene Porch Light Scene signal received, requesting status.
      12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Lighting - Front Yard House Front 1 Tap Up- Front Lights On"
      I'm seeing the same thing with a different dimmer manufacturer and a different Z-Wave plugin. Therefore, I'm suspicious of 4.2.6. The issue is intermittent.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 4.2.6.0
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Desktop

      Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK Google Calendar 3.0.0.45,AK Smart Device 3.0.0.6,AK Weather 4.0.1.77,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big5 1.38.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.38.0,BLPlex 2.0.22.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.74,HSBuddy 3.25.614.1,mcsMQTT 5.21.4.1,MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.22,NetCAM 3.0.0.14,PHLocation 3.0.1.109,Restart 1.0.0.7,SDJ-Health 3.1.0.3,SDJ-VStat 3.1.0.7,TPLinkSmartHome 19.10.7.1,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.5960.36744,,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

      Comment


        #4
        Well, Occam’s Razor is clearly applicable here. It’s readily apparent a ghost has taken up residence in your house. It’s time to move. 😀

        Comment


          #5
          ewkearns glad to see it's not me. It's not been doing it for a day or two and I just updated to 4.2.7. We'll see.

          Comment


            #6
            Uncle Michael I have four events, similar to the attached. The only difference is the light level depending on the time of day. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 12-04-21 at 10.25 AM.PNG
Views:	80
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1511950

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              Uncle Michael I have four events, similar to the attached. The only difference is the light level depending on the time of day.
              I'm confused. This does not appear to be the event that you refer to in the first post. Does this one have the same problem?
              "Similar" triggers are not what I was suggesting. Create a new event with the identical trigger but with a very simple action, perhaps just a message to the log.

              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

              HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

              Comment


                #8
                Uncle Michael it is the same event. There are three triggers (or if) rather than three events. However, whatever happened hasn't happened again for a few days so I'm just going to check it once in awhile.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Not the same, but I've had 2 HS switches randomly turn off, then back on and sometimes do this twice when we have physically turned the switches ON. I still have one left doing this.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Just tested this and this is the log result. I pushed the switch once, it turned on, then it turned off, then back on again all on it's own. Then I physically turned it off.

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-12-05_9-23-48.png Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	1512098
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

                    Comment


                      #11
                      This was plaquing me to. I have a WD200 switch that starts a timer when turned on. Multiple taps will extend the time that it is on. I was having the time unexpectedly extended, but the switch was only tapped once.

                      I minimized my problem by setting the "Cannot re-run for 1 second" option on the event. And fortunately, doing so did not effect the double tap capability on the actual switch.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Time to replace the switch, I am about to replace my last failing HS switch (above) this week.
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                          it is the same event. There are three triggers (or if) rather than three events.
                          I'm still confused, (although that may be irrelevant at this point). The log you posted has this line repeating:
                          12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Lighting - Front Yard House Front 1 Tap Up- Front Lights On"
                          Is this the event you posted above?
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

                          HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

                          Comment


                            #14
                            ServiceXp What are you replacing them with? I bought some https://www.zwaveproducts.com/collec...ck-zl-wd-100-3 which appears to be exactly the same switch for less money. But I would consider switching to zigbee switches if they had the same capabilities.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                              I'm still confused, (although that may be irrelevant at this point). The log you posted has this line repeating:
                              12/02/2021 16:32:02 HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Lighting - Front Yard House Front 1 Tap Up- Front Lights On"
                              Is this the event you posted above?
                              Yes, it's the same. There is the event line then three or four other lines, then the event line again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X