How do I find out the firmware version in a HS-WD100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find out the firmware version in a HS-WD100+

Using a HomeTroller Plus with HS4. How do I find out the firmware version of a HS-WD100+ Z-wave wall dimmer? Must be right there but I don't see it in the web UI. Thanks.

Goto your device on the Device page, then Z-wave --> Manage ---> Firmware Update, will show the current version.

Comment

OK, tried that. I see the device in the list of devices (have many). Clicked on device to get to the four-tab device page. As you say, select Z-wave, but there is no Z-wave. There are four tabs: "Storage" "Features" "Status/Graphics" and "Z-Wave UI" I clicked on each, nothing about "Manage." The most likely tab you would think would be "Z-Wave UI" (not "Z-Wave"). It has nothing about "Manage" or "Firmware Update."

See screen shot of "Z-Wave UI" tab.
      Screen shot of Z-Wave UI tab
      Anywhere else it could be?

Comment

Originally posted by JimG View Post
        Anywhere else it could be?
        Does the switch have a "root" and child devices? If so, go to the root device to access Z-Wave functions.

You can also try Plug-Ins, Z-Wave, Node Information.

Comment

It's a HS-WD100+ wall dimmer.

I did try the "root" device, not the child (children) devices. The child devices are "Central Scene" and "Light." By the way, neither of those have anything about firmware either.
          The device "Z-Wave UI" tab shows the same stuff for each of the children as for the parent.

Under Plug-ins, Z-Wave, I do not have a "Node Information" option. My options are:
          "Add Device"
          "Remove Device"
          "Add Interface"
          "Manage Interfaces"
          "Device Diagnostics"
          "Update Firmware"
          "Advanced Functions"
          "Settings"

Under "Update Firmware" you can try to download new firmware into a device, but it will not tell you what version is already in the device.

Under "Device Diagnostics," I get a choice of four functions:
          "Rescan"
          "Remove Bad Node"
          "Test Connectivity"
          "Full Optimize"

I tried each of these except "Remove Bad Node." None reports the firmware version.

Comment

To get to the Z-Wave tab referenced in post #2, you'll need to disable the Z-Wave UI plugin. With this running, 'Z-Wave' tab is replaced by 'Z-Wave UI'.

You may need to restart to get things synchronized.

Comment

Brilliant! I never would have guessed that turning off the Z-Wave UI plugin would enable access to a bunch more functionality. Maybe that plugin should be called the "Z-Wave Functionality Hider Plugin" !

Now I can see the firmware version for the HS-WD100+ dimmer. It's reported as
              "Current Firmware: Manufacturer = ZLink Version: 50.6"
              So that puts the device way ahead of the currently offered firmware version 5.19 currently offered here: https://homeseer.com/updates3/HSWD100_5_19.zip

Thanks zwolfpack et. al.

Comment

Brilliant! I never would have guessed that turning off the Z-Wave UI plugin would enable access to a bunch more functionality. Maybe that plugin should be called the "Z-Wave Functionality Hider Plugin" !

Now I can see the firmware version for the HS-WD100+ dimmer. It's reported as
                "Current Firmware: Manufacturer = ZLink Version: 50.6"
                So that puts the device way ahead of the currently offered firmware version 5.19 currently offered here: https://homeseer.com/updates3/HSWD100_5_19.zip

Thanks zwolfpack et. al.
                You might be looking at the wrong place or device. Manufacturer should say HomeSeer and the latest is in fact 5.19 (I have one installed), unless Homeseer contracted it out to a different manufacturer at some point in time. When did you purchase it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	305
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1532811

Comment

I ordered on March 9, delivered on March 12. That was when they were pushing a 5-pack for $185, so I went for it.

Interestingly, I put three of them (three of the five) side-by-side in a three-gang box, connected to lights in one room. (Don't worry, all low wattage stuff - I know about the derating.) Each of the three dimmers has its own distinctive appearance in the HS4 UI and and its own peculiar behavior. (Hence my question about firmware versions.) I guess they're on sale for a reason. One of these days I may write up how they are inconsistent. I don't have any other HD-WD100+ dimmers to compare them to, only these five.

Comment

I think HomeSeer re-labeled and sold me this:
                    https://zlinkproducts.com/product/in-wall-dimmer/

Comment

I think HomeSeer re-labeled and sold me this:
                      https://zlinkproducts.com/product/in-wall-dimmer/
                      Yep, what I thought. HS just slaps their name on many OEM designs (which can be had cheaper elsewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Yep, what I thought. HS just slaps their name on many OEM designs (which can be had cheaper elsewhere).
                        HST does not have a manufacturing facility, so they do buy from manufacturers - much like everything else these days.
                        They do add their own firmware and/or changes to differentiate themselves.
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                        X