WD200+ from dimmed to 100% on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD200+ from dimmed to 100% on

If my WD200+ switches are dimmed then turned off, I'd like a single tap up to turn it to 100% and not to the last dimmed setting.

Is there a way to do this with settings on the switch?

If not, I'm using HomeSeer 3. Can I do it from there?

I use an event to do this. If central scene 1 is pressed, then the event sets the device to on.

Comment

I use two scenes on my WD100+ . Single tap for the stairway light to 25% and double tap to 100%. Anyone visiting is happy enough with the chandelier light at 25% for going up the stairs at night - more than ample lighting.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by dhennen View Post
        If my WD200+ switches are dimmed then turned off, I'd like a single tap up to turn it to 100% and not to the last dimmed setting.

Oh boy, this is a good question. Was used to Insteon where they always went back to the "programmed" setting. Just starting with these z-wave switches and hope that this sort of a thing can be programmed. I'll play around with this in the coming days and report back.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I have an event for each of my HS dimmers. I use 'had its value set to Scene 001 Key Pressed' which calls a script passing the device's id; the script either sets the light to a dimmed value or fully on depending on the time of day. If a light is already dimmed it sets it to 100%. Since I have my lights ramp up and down the script has no detectable delay.

As Calligoo said; an event can accomplish what you're looking for.
          HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 1005
          Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Take a look at the post Randy made about dimmer default levels, I’ve been using these for awhile and they work great!

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...evels?t=182447

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Okay, with of the suggestions here I can get pretty close if I use just one switch. Now let me throw a wrinkle in the mix.

I have two WD200+ switches updated with the .13 firmware. They are in Association Group 2 with each other, and linked with each other.

This results in things getting pretty wonky. Here is an example log. The last dim level was 5%, and I tap on from the off position. Local and remote ramp rate are both 1 on both switches.

Code:
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Z-Wave         Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights Set to 99
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Z-Wave         Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights Slave Set to 99
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Z-Wave         Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights Set to 5
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Z-Wave         Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights Slave Set to 5
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Z-Wave         Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights Set to 99
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Z-Wave         Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights Slave Set to 99
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Z-Wave         Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights Set to 5%
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Device Control Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights to On (99)
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Event          Event Trigger "Light Control Bedroom Lights Full On"
              Nov-06 21:14:42         Z-Wave         Device: Upstairs Bedroom Lights Scene Set to 1000
              Any suggestions?

Comment

As others have said, you can use a Central Scene Trigger. I use default values for different times of day/night for all of my dimmers.

For your specific requirement, the Easy Trigger plug-in will do exactly what you ask.

Click image for larger version  Name:	69D8E95F-F675-4216-B72B-1EE6A9C1B1B2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	27.6 KB ID:	1257664
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I do have an event trigger on the central scene: "Light Control Bedroom Lights Full On". However, it is different than yours.

I'm playing around a little bit with a trigger now that looks more like yours but haven't finished yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 3.09.35 AM.png
Views:	80
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1257751

Comment

Working...
                  X