Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to remap dimmer scale on HS-WD100 or HS-WD200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to remap dimmer scale on HS-WD100 or HS-WD200?

It's been a while since I looked into this, forgive me if it's answered elsewhere. My wife purchased these bulbs for sconces over our fireplace in clear glass fixtures;

http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/...204_NA/product

They operate very well without any flicker at low dimming levels and we like the light they give off for the room. Once the dimmer reaches 60% there's no perceivable change in light all the way up to 100%. If the lights are set to 100% and you trigger something such as "Alexa, dim the lights", it functionally works in the background yet you see no change in light output.

I'd love to be able to tell HomeSeer or the switch itself "Hey.. 60% is your ceiling. If someone calls for 80% light, then really set the switch to (60*.8)."

I have it hooked up to a WD100 right now but could try it with a WD200 if I had to.

Any thoughts or ideas?

You could do that with an event. If dimmer’s value was set and is greater than 60, then set the dimmer to 60.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      You could do that with an event. If dimmer’s value was set and is greater than 60, then set the dimmer to 60.
      Good idea, though I can picture a frustrated wife fiddling with the dimmer. "Why is it always going down!?!?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post

Good idea, though I can picture a frustrated wife fiddling with the dimmer. "Why is it always going down!?!?"
        Maybe delay the event action by about 10 seconds 😉
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X