WD-200+ Voltage Output Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD-200+ Voltage Output Issue

I am having a weird issue that I am starting to think was caused by LED bulbs that I was using.

I have a handful of WD-200+ dimmers in my house that have been installed for about 11 months. Two week ago, one suddenly stopped working. Initially I thought that both bulbs that were in the light fixture that is controlled by the dimmer had failed because the dimmer itself seemed fine (the LEDs on the front were working and everything z-wave related was working). I finally pulled it out of the wall and put a voltmeter on it and discovered it was only putting out ~25 volts when it was at 100%. I moved another WD-200+ to this location, hooked it up and everything worked fine. Homeseer was great and replaced the defective dimmer under warranty. I hooked the new dimmer up where the I had pulled the other one from and everything was good.

After about a week, the WD-200+ that I moved, now has the same exact issue as the first one. I moved the new one Homeseer just sent me to the location that is having issues, but this time I replaced the bulbs as well. I want to contact Homeseer to see about another warranty replacement, but I wanted to get thoughts to see if there was any way that I was doing something that was causing this issue.

Some additional information - the bulbs that I was using are still working fine. I have moved them to a location with an on/off switch. They are dimmable LED bulbs that came with a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan that I bought about a year ago. I do not see a brand name on the bulb, there are a couple of different numbers, e26a15-6-5d-30200-b328-00, e359449, kt2218. I actually installed two of these fans at the same time and used WD-200+ for the lights on both of them. The other one had issues with the LEDs dimming awhile back, so I replaced those bulbs months ago. That dimmer has been fine.

So really I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever seen something like this before. Is there any possible way to fix the dimmer?

Is the fan motor running off the dimmer?

Comment

If these switches aren't older than 2 years you should contact support@homeseer.com for an exchange.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
        Is the fan motor running off the dimmer?
        No, the fan motor is controlled withe the FC-200+.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          If these switches aren't older than 2 years you should contact support@homeseer.com for an exchange.
          Homeseer has already replaced one, I just wanted to get some thoughts and make sure I am not causing this before I ask them to replace another.

Comment

What do you have the dimmer ramp rate set as? Maybe if you have it set up to turn on too quickly the inrush current is too much from the LEDs? I had this same issue and HomeSeer replaced bad dimmers.

Comment

Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
              What do you have the dimmer ramp rate set as? Maybe if you have it set up to turn on too quickly the inrush current is too much from the LEDs? I had this same issue and HomeSeer replaced bad dimmers.
              It is set to the default - 3 - for all of my dimmers.

Comment

Working...
              X