X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drhtmal
    replied
    Originally posted by RoChess View Post
    The WA100+ must be momentary companion switch the way it allows a 4-way circuit:
    That is exactly how it works.

Leave a comment:

• drhtmal
    replied
    HomeSeer personnel do not so actively monitor these forums. Your best bet would be to send an e-mail to support@homeseer.com so they have record of the request.

Leave a comment:

• RoChess
    replied
    The traveler wire connection is more in line with terminology on regular dimmers/switches, but it acts more like a switch input to control the Z-Wave side that is pulled down to ground/neutral to activate.

The WA100+ must be momentary companion switch the way it allows a 4-way circuit:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1500086061_spo_spo_1024x1024.png?v=1533586550.png
Views:	228
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1330462

Leave a comment:

• jrref
    replied
    Correct. My point is when you look at the existing 3-way wiring with standard mechanical switches, both can switch the load. With the HomeSeer devices only the dimmer switches the load. So all they needed to add to make it a little clearer is the “WA100 does not switch the load and is a remote which signals the companion dimmer or switch which switches the load” or something to that effect. Very simple.

Leave a comment:

• drhtmal
    replied
    Originally posted by jrref View Post
    When I read the instructions and looked at the wiring diagram to connect a WA100+ Wall Companion to a WD200+ Dimmer I was confused. After reading several threads on the topic I see lots of other users are confused as well.

The problem is connecting these devices does not follow the traditional 3-way switch connection that you find in your home. What you need to do is connect the WD200+ dimmer as you would connect any single dimmer, i.e. Hot, Neutral, Traveler and Load. Then on the remote switch side, just connect the Traveler from the WD200+ and the Neutral to the WA100+. What's not clear, even though is says this in the instructions, the WA100+ does NOT switch the load as in a traditional 3-way switch configuration. The Traveler and Neutral just power the WA100+, that's it. When you activate or deactivate the WA100+ it apparently sends a signal through the wiring to the host WD200+ that it's connected to turn the lights on, off or dim. I wasn't able to verify this with Homeseer but it has to work this way since the device will work manually without any Z-Wave controller and clearly it's not switching the load the way the wiring diagram is set up. You may need to re-allocate the existing wiring between the two switches to get the connection that the Homeseer switches need but in the end, it works.

Hope this helps!
    It says right at the top us the WA100 user guide that the WA100 does not control the load

https://homeseer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/HS-WA100-Manual-1_4a.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	loadcontrol.png
Views:	175
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1330453

As you surmised the WA100 works by sending a signal to the Wx100 or Wx200 to tell it to control the load.

Leave a comment:

• jrref
    started a topic Connecting WA100+ Wall Companion with WD200+ Dimmer

Connecting WA100+ Wall Companion with WD200+ Dimmer

When I read the instructions and looked at the wiring diagram to connect a WA100+ Wall Companion to a WD200+ Dimmer I was confused. After reading several threads on the topic I see lots of other users are confused as well.

The problem is connecting these devices does not follow the traditional 3-way switch connection that you find in your home. What you need to do is connect the WD200+ dimmer as you would connect any single dimmer, i.e. Hot, Neutral, Traveler and Load. Then on the remote switch side, just connect the Traveler from the WD200+ and the Neutral to the WA100+. What's not clear, even though is says this in the instructions, the WA100+ does NOT switch the load as in a traditional 3-way switch configuration. The Traveler and Neutral just power the WA100+, that's it. When you activate or deactivate the WA100+ it apparently sends a signal through the wiring to the host WD200+ that it's connected to turn the lights on, off or dim. I wasn't able to verify this with Homeseer but it has to work this way since the device will work manually without any Z-Wave controller and clearly it's not switching the load the way the wiring diagram is set up. You may need to re-allocate the existing wiring between the two switches to get the connection that the Homeseer switches need but in the end, it works.

Hope this helps!
Working...
X