HS-WD200+ Status LEDs for All Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD200+ Status LEDs for All Devices

I cannot create an event to change the LED color/mode for All devices. When I select individual devices, the LEDs changes as expected. But when I select "All" in the "Choose a device" pulldown, the devices LEDs don't change.

Any suggestions?

Did you find a solution to this? Same problem here.

Comment

Not sure how you would do this,...can you share a screen shot of the event ?

Comment

I do this quite successfully. These are the steps I use for the event action:

Create the action: "Then ZWave Actions"

Select "HS-WX200 Actions" in the Select action drop down box.

Select "All" in the Choose Device drop down box

Select "Set Status Mode LED Color" in the Action Type drop down box

Finally select the LED number (LED 1 is on the bottom), color, and blink settings.

Note that the switch will either be in Status Mode or showing the dimmer level, but not both at the same time.

Comment

I have never used “All” for mine. I just tested it here and it seems to work on some but not all devices. Since I have multiple controllers, I have to issue the command to each one. On my one controller that has many HS-XX200 devices about half of them responded. Neither fan controller did, but some switches and dimmers responded. I cannot see a pattern, but the command always seems to work on the same devices. There are no errors generated, just some devices ignore and others respond.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
            I do this quite successfully. These are the steps I use for the event action:

Create the action: "Then ZWave Actions"

Select "HS-WX200 Actions" in the Select action drop down box.

Select "All" in the Choose Device drop down box

Select "Set Status Mode LED Color" in the Action Type drop down box

Finally select the LED number (LED 1 is on the bottom), color, and blink settings.

Note that the switch will either be in Status Mode or showing the dimmer level, but not both at the same time.
            This is exactly what I do. Just some devices stopped responding to "All". They'd respond if called out specifically with their own event actions, but I'd rather not spend a few hours updating all my events to call out every switch. Would be a pain to update later, if needed, as well.

I'm removing and re-adding as I believe that's how I fixed this about a year ago. Just a pain and a lot of event rework.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I have never used “All” for mine. I just tested it here and it seems to work on some but not all devices. Since I have multiple controllers, I have to issue the command to each one. On my one controller that has many HS-XX200 devices about half of them responded. Neither fan controller did, but some switches and dimmers responded. I cannot see a pattern, but the command always seems to work on the same devices. There are no errors generated, just some devices ignore and others respond.
              Is it possible that the ones that respond are set to respond to the All Lights On or All Lights off commands?
              "Set how this device responds to the ALL ON and ALL OFF commands." for zwave settings of the root device.

Just a guess.

Personally I use a script to update mine as I didn't need all of mine updated and I needed a quick and easy way to update if I added or removed switches. Now I never have to modify my events if I add a new switch.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbessel View Post

Is it possible that the ones that respond are set to respond to the All Lights On or All Lights off commands?
                "Set how this device responds to the ALL ON and ALL OFF commands." for zwave settings of the root device.

Just a guess.

Personally I use a script to update mine as I didn't need all of mine updated and I needed a quick and easy way to update if I added or removed switches. Now I never have to modify my events if I add a new switch.

Scott
                I do not use All On or All Off, so it is disabled in all of them.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by benposton View Post
                  Just a pain and a lot of event rework.
                  Before I moved most of my LED management into a script, I used a group (family) of events to handle the LED lighting, and only the LED lighting. The event that requires an LED color change would then just run the specific event that did it.

That way all of my LED management was in one place, making wholesale changes a lot easier.

Comment

Shortly after my original post, sending LED commands to "All" devices just started working(???). The events had been working correctly for weeks, but this past weekend I rebooted the router and restarted HS3. Now the issue from the original post has returned. An event addressing "All" devices fails, but selecting each device individually works correctly. Modifying events or creating new events doesn't change the behavior.

Z-Wave control is through a hard wired Z-Net.

I think it's time to move LED management into a script, but I could use a short example to get started.

Comment

Possible solution - ensure all 200-series devices (WS/FC) are on the same firmware version.

Most of my events use Z-Wave Actions, HS-WX200/HS-FC200 LED Actions, Choose a device "All", and worked fine for about 2 years. Recently I added six new HS-WS200+ dimmers, and the "All" commands stopped working. I experimented with individual commands, which works, but is indeed a pain to program. While troubleshooting and reading this thread, I noticed the firmware of the new devices was 5.14, and the original devices were 5.11. After updating, the All devices function was effective again.

Comment

Working...
                      X