Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WS200+ Indicator Light Problem (While WD200+ units work fine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS200+ Indicator Light Problem (While WD200+ units work fine)

Long time use of several WD200+ Dimmer, and they all work properly with the "Set HS-WX200/HS-FC200 LED action" command. I.E. when sent an indicator light command, the proper LED illuminates to the proper color except, of course, when the paddle is used.

I just installed a WS200 switch (which has only one indicator light), and it functions properly as a switch. Also, set the "regular" LED to "OFF" when load is off, and that setting stays in the correct mode.
    Problem:
    When I send a command for Status Mode Enabled, and a 2nd command for the indicator light to a color in an event (triggered manually), that color correctly illuminates on the WS200's indicator LED for about 1/2 second, then reverts to off.

When I open the "ROOT" control panel for the WS200 in question, I see that Status Mode always goes back to "Disabled". When I set it to "Enabled", (and remember to click on "SET"), it does go to "ENABLED", but will revert next timeI send an LED command, after a brief flash of the correct color. All indicators on the WD200's work properly and their Status Mode Enabled or Disabled follow my programming perfectly and do not revert.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Is the firmware up to date? Just a thought.

Comment

This is a new switch that I ordered 2 weeks ago, so, presumably the firmware is up to date.

That being said, in all these years with these HS switches, I have never updated firmware. Where do I go for a link to the file for that?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by thart View Post
        This is a new switch that I ordered 2 weeks ago, so, presumably the firmware is up to date.

That being said, in all these years with these HS switches, I have never updated firmware. Where do I go for a link to the file for that?

Thanks!
        https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

If it is only 2 weeks old you can call HomeSeer for support.

Comment

Here is a forum link that discusses.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...rmware-updates

The downloads can be found here.

https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

Comment

Originally posted by thart View Post
            ... Any suggestions?
            Thanks!
            What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you using. I would recommend putting in a support email to support@homeseer.com as well.

-Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Using 3.0.1.262.

Wanted to first check here on the board to see if I overlooked anything before contacting HomeSeer. Presuming if this problem is not due to my oversight, somebody else must have encountered similar misbehavior on the part of the switch's indicator light.

Or, better yet, is anybody who has been using the WD200 and now is ALSO using the "Set HS-WX200/HS-FC200 LED action" command on the WS200 and getting proper results?

Comment

Working...
              X