WD-200+ does not control load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD-200+ does not control load

One of my WD-200’s stopped controlling its attached load the other day. Tried power cycling the dimmer, updated the firmware from 5.09 to 5.13, but it still does not do anything with the lights. Otherwise, it seems to be alive - I can make the LEDs go on off with the paddles or via HomeSeer. I have had the unit around 1-2 years, I think. Any suggestions? It’s a lot of money just to throw in the trash...

BBB

[QUOTEOne of my WD-200’s stopped controlling its attached load the other day. Tried power cycling the dimmer, updated the firmware from 5.09 to 5.13, but it still does not do anything with the lights. Otherwise, it seems to be alive - I can make the LEDs go on off with the paddles or via HomeSeer. I have had the unit around 1-2 years, I think. Any suggestions? It’s a lot of money just to throw in the trash...][/QUOTE]

I assume that the text in red was meant to say "I can't make the LEDS go on off with the paddles or via homeseer". Under this assumption.

1. Any chance the load wire or neutral wire have come loose?
    2. Have you tried rescanning the device to see if your z-stick has lost proper configuration?

Can you hear the relay clicking? - if so the relay is bad. Very common on old style jasco switches and have hd WS-100's fail this way.

And the last bit of bad news is since the switch contains electronics some municipalities restrict the disposal so you cant just throw it away (your residence may not have these restrictions). I have the guts of ~10 switches that are in the recycle pile waiting for disposal.

Comment

AllHail:

Your red text is incorrect - the LEDS work normally, it’s just that the lights don’t go on or off. I haven’t pulled the dimmer yet, but will soon. I rescanned as part of checking and the controller could communicate with the dimmer. But the dimmer should be able to work “stand alone” - I.e., regardless of whether z-wave comms is working or not.

Regards,
      BBB

Comment

Apologies. I read the control LED as LED light bulbs not the status LED's on the switch. The paddle may not work to turn lights on and off if the Relay is bad. The Relay in the 100's is a 507HN 1AH F C by Song Chuan. I am not sure what the 200's have in them. I have had the reverse scenario happen where the lights turn on and off by themselves and you cannot control except by pulling the airgap if the switch has one. I have a few spare switches to change out in case a switch fails.

Sorry for any confusion created by my assumptions.

Comment

I so appreciate you responding.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
            One of my WD-200’s stopped controlling its attached load the other day. Tried power cycling the dimmer, updated the firmware from 5.09 to 5.13, but it still does not do anything with the lights. Otherwise, it seems to be alive - I can make the LEDs go on off with the paddles or via HomeSeer. I have had the unit around 1-2 years, I think. Any suggestions? It’s a lot of money just to throw in the trash...

BBB
            I have the same situation, and I need to check if the wiring is okay and not having a wire problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

You can check that the wiring is ok by bypassing the switch and connecting line and load ( just for the test ). Obviously turn off the breaker while you jumper the two together.

Comment

I replaced the WD-200 with a new unit 2 weeks ago and everything is working again.

Regards,
                BBB

Comment

Working...
                X