No announcement yet.

Two Questions: 1. - Three way switch dimming, and 2. - minimum dimming level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Questions: 1. - Three way switch dimming, and 2. - minimum dimming level

I bought these switches to replace some Eaton Z Wave switches because you can tie these together via Homeseer so they work as three way switches without wiring them that way.

I have set them up this way and they work, except I have no ability to use the dimming function from the slave. Any idea what could be causing that limitation?

Also, the Eaton switches I replaced, had a minimum dimming level that was much lower that these switches have. Is there a way to modify the lowest dimming setting?

The Eaton Aspire series is fantastic (I have them in my house) in terms of functionality (can set min/max levels right from the switch) and dimming smoothness and linearity. I also have them in complex 3/4-way setup in my kitchen using direct-associations, and they can track each other in terms of dim level without the need for Homeseer.

The WD200+ (I have one simply for the LED notification function) is a terrible dimmer when compared to almost all the other name brand Z-wave dimmers on the market. I also have Zooz dimmers they can linearly go from 0 to 100% dim levels, the WD200 can only go down to 6.5% dim level, which is still too bright for many LED loads. I refuse to buy anymore because they are simply poor dimmers.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
      The Eaton Aspire series is fantastic (I have them in my house) in terms of functionality (can set min/max levels right from the switch) and dimming smoothness and linearity. I also have them in complex 3/4-way setup in my kitchen using direct-associations, and they can track each other in terms of dim level without the need for Homeseer.

The WD200+ (I have one simply for the LED notification function) is a terrible dimmer when compared to almost all the other name brand Z-wave dimmers on the market. I also have Zooz dimmers they can linearly go from 0 to 100% dim levels, the WD200 can only go down to 6.5% dim level, which is still too bright for many LED loads. I refuse to buy anymore because they are simply poor dimmers.
      That's a shame. I bought five of them based on their feature set. I guess I was really spoiled with my Eaton Aspires and didn't realize they were something special.

Comment

Working...
      X