HS-WS200+ Disable single tap function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WS200+ Disable single tap function

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed. I searched and could not find something directly addressing it. I found some threads on single tap functionality that make me think it may not be possible but I want to confirm.

I am looking to disable the single tap (normal function) of a HS-WS200+ switch. Basically the switch controls power to the rooms light and fan. In general, it is better if the switch does not work so kids and guests do not accidently turn it on/off since it is primarily controlled via remote. I do want the functionality available though so it can be shut off when leaving the room or house. Ideally, I would just disable the single tap functions and make them triple tap functions so only people meaning to turn it off would be able to and a guest or kid would just think the switch doesn't work.

Is this possible with the HS-WS200+? If so how does one accomplish it?

Thanks!

This is not possible with the WS200. There is no way to detach control of the load from the paddle. I wish I had a dollar for each time this feature was requested.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoser View Post
      I apologize in advance if this has been discussed. I searched and could not find something directly addressing it. I found some threads on single tap functionality that make me think it may not be possible but I want to confirm.

I am looking to disable the single tap (normal function) of a HS-WS200+ switch. Basically the switch controls power to the rooms light and fan. In general, it is better if the switch does not work so kids and guests do not accidently turn it on/off since it is primarily controlled via remote. I do want the functionality available though so it can be shut off when leaving the room or house. Ideally, I would just disable the single tap functions and make them triple tap functions so only people meaning to turn it off would be able to and a guest or kid would just think the switch doesn't work.

Is this possible with the HS-WS200+? If so how does one accomplish it?

Thanks!
      You can simulate it via this event, which i just tried out on my WS100+, you can add a separate event for a double or triple tap up that will set whatever you want.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1416215

Comment

I would probably use an event triggered on single tap to return the device to the desired state.

Of course if you really want to disable control of the load, don't connect a load to the switch.
        Connect the load to a nano/micro zwave controller and use multi tap events from the switch to control it.

https://www.amazon.com/Aeotec-Switch...64135961&psc=1
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
        X