This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS200+ Defective - Status light blinking - No load control

I just had one of my WS200+ break. It was working fine for over 2 years. The status LEDs blinks on/off and will not control the load manually or through Z-wave. The switch is broken. From my understanding this is a known issue with the capacitor within the switch. The WS200+ was purchased over 2 years ago so it is not under the 2 year warranty

I have taken every precaution in order to secure the electronics in my home using electrical panel surge protector and proper wiring etc.

Edit:
    jseer from HS contacted me and provided excellent support on this matter. Thank you Jon

Hello, I have sent you a PM.

Originally posted by dev120v View Post
    rjh

I just had one of my WS200+ break. It was working fine for over 2 years. The status LEDs blinks on/off and will not control the load manually or through Z-wave. The switch is broken. From my understanding this is a known issue with the capacitor within the switch

I have purchased the WS200+ as well as thousands of dollars on Homeseer products. I live in Canada. The WS200+ was purchased over 2 years ago so it is not under the 2 year warranty

I have been informed that HS support is not willing to replace the WS200+ (or substitute with a WX300. I would pay the $2 dollar difference) because they have discontinued the WS200+ in favor of the WX300

With this being a known issue as I am not the first to report it and the fact that HS is not making this aware to buyers is disturbing

These are a $70+tax switch in Canada (not cheap). I am now concerned all of my Homeseer switches and dimmers will eventually fail. I have taking every precaution in order to secure the electronics in my home using electrical panel surge protector and proper wiring etc.

I am capable of replacing the capacitor myself, however then the switch is no longer CSA/ULc approved which is required for all 120v electronics in Canada

I cannot in good conscience purchase another Homeseer product if they fail after 2 years when the warranty expires
    Jon Smith
    website | products | support | youtube

Comment

Working...
    X