Christmas bulbs not going off completely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas bulbs not going off completely

I installed the WX300 switch to control several strings of Christmas lights. It works great except that when the switch is turned off the bulbs still have a slight glow. The switch is set for ON/OFF operation and NO NEUTRAL operation since we have no neutral in the switch box. I saw another post that recommended installing a module with the switch but it required a neutral line. Is there a similar solution for a "no neutral" installation?

Originally posted by Lothe View Post
    I installed the WX300 switch to control several strings of Christmas lights. It works great except that when the switch is turned off the bulbs still have a slight glow. The switch is set for ON/OFF operation and NO NEUTRAL operation since we have no neutral in the switch box. I saw another post that recommended installing a module with the switch but it required a neutral line. Is there a similar solution for a "no neutral" installation?
    With 'no neutral' operation, a very small amount of current must flow through the load in order to power the switch. In most cases, this small amount of current is not enough to cause the bulb to glow. However, it seems that your load is quite small and/or the bulb is fairly sensitive. A couple things to try:
    • Try using a different brand of bulb. The electronics in LED bulbs vary from brand to brand and this may fix your issue. In general, bigger name brands tend to work better (GE, Philips, Sylania, Cree, etc...)
    • Install a load resistor. With a load resistor, the small current will typically divert though this as as it presents less resistance than the bulb. Aeotec Load Resistor
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have solved this issue by simply adding a 5 watt night lite, NOT led, to the string of Christmas lights.

Comment

That did the trick! We plugged in an incandescent C9 bulb from the old light set into the C9 LED set and the glow stopped. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X