Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap. Seems like Homeseer is deleting posts. I had one up here before comparing Homeseer to Innovelli and it has disappeared. That's some shady behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyMidnight View Post
      Holy crap. Seems like Homeseer is deleting posts. I had one up here before comparing Homeseer to Innovelli and it has disappeared. That's some shady behaviour.
      Do you recall when you made that post? There was a problem in the past few months (I don't recall the exact date) where the forum database was corrupt and had to be restored from a backup copy. Several days of posts were unfortunately lost.

Comment

Indeed - there are several other posts on this thread that compare the Innovelli switches that are still here. You’d think that if they were going to delete such posts, they’d do all of them. Aside from that, I’ve been on this forum since the early days of Homeseer, and one thing I’m certain of - the whole point of HS is to be as compatible with as many different technologies as possible. It would go against the whole principle of Homeseer to delete posts about devices from other manufacturers...

Comment

I actually don't think HS would do that. Inclusion is their thing, I think Rick even recommends some other solutions if HS is just not cutting it. That being said, I have went out and tried an Innovelie. I wanted to stay HS all the way, but they have an equivalent to the WS/WD 200 series, with LED lights. I actually like the HS version that shows multiple status indicators, but what drove me to try them out was the ability to separate the load, and do it locally from the switch.

I'm actually quite tired of seeing the "wire it always hot" solutions frankly. For anyone that has smart bulbs, and I have a TON of TP-Link, it is a royal pain to have them constantly disconnected from the network. Sometimes, they don't make it back onto the network when power is returned. To wire it always hot, I am violating code, and I'm not a big fan of constantly removing the switch and reattach the load wire. And yes, HS does bonk out every now and then, sometimes my computer decides to do updates, sometimes stuff just doesn't work, and sometimes Alexa takes over as my Home Automation hub and it controls my TP-Links, which it can't do if the power is off to the bulb.

Innovelie has an inexpensive switch that can do much of what 200's can do. While I am not completely jumping ship, I'm hoping mine and others support requests are enough to change the perception that this isn't a wanted feature. How can it not be and co-exist with the hundreds of smart bulbs/fixtures that require an always on connection.

My workaround right now....it is clunky to say the least. One, tell the kids to do a double press to turn on/off the lights (doubt my toddler remembers that after a few days). Two, build an event that works to reverse what the single press has done, in a sense, program HS to undo what I didn't mean to do, upon sensing single press Scene 2, turn back on switch, and send command to TPLink to turn bulbs back off. I guess the user would see lights go off (as intended), then see them come back on briefly, and then off again (now that I think of it, I may need to program a slight delay to wait for the bulbs to reconnect to the network, then turn them back off, ahh heck, this is just nuts!)

Other than that, I love the HS switches personally, dislike that they haven't thought of their operation with smart bulbs.

Comment

It's possible something else went wrong. I wrote up a post and posted it and it silently disappeared. I believe it was posted on the 22nd after drhtmal's post. I'll write it up again, maybe, and see if it disappears this time.

Comment

So I'll try not to ramble too long here since this is still technically hijacking the thread I think, but for lack of the Homeseer switches being able to disable or custom manipulate the internal relay, I decided to order a couple of the inovelli switches (as mentioned above). Short story, so far I'm super happy. With the LZW30-SN, I can disable the internal relay and then have the paddle set to control on/off events for the actual smart bulbs - net effect, a single up/down tap of the switch turns the smart bulbs on/off while keeping the load on, which is exactly what I needed. They don't do custom control of the load like I asked for above, BUT, if your HS Server dies, just tap the config button 8 times and internal relay is re-enabled, so you're not hooped until you fix your HS server. THIS is exactly what is needed for the HS Switches. In the meantime I think I'll pick up a few more Inovellis.....

Comment

They certainly are nice switches from a company that was founded in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                  So I'll try not to ramble too long here since this is still technically hijacking the thread I think, but for lack of the Homeseer switches being able to disable or custom manipulate the internal relay, I decided to order a couple of the inovelli switches (as mentioned above). Short story, so far I'm super happy. With the LZW30-SN, I can disable the internal relay and then have the paddle set to control on/off events for the actual smart bulbs - net effect, a single up/down tap of the switch turns the smart bulbs on/off while keeping the load on, which is exactly what I needed. They don't do custom control of the load like I asked for above, BUT, if your HS Server dies, just tap the config button 8 times and internal relay is re-enabled, so you're not hooped until you fix your HS server. THIS is exactly what is needed for the HS Switches. In the meantime I think I'll pick up a few more Inovellis.....
                  Found this thread trying to solve the exact same problem with smart can lights I have. Never head of Innovelli but looks like exactly what I need! Will give them a try. Is there any plan to have the wd200 offer the same capability? If not I may pull the plug and replace my switches if they work as well as you say... The hacky workarounds I thought of (similar to yours) don't work with my wife.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a number of HS-WS200+ switches on 5.7. I upgraded a few of them to 5.12 the other night since that was the newest version on the download page. I see 5.13 available in this thread, though. Is there a reason it's not on the download page?

Also, the notes state the following: "The WS200 may show up as version 5.1 in HomeSeer after the update, this will be fixed in a future update."

When is the "future update" coming to address this?

Comment

I updated all my wd200+ dimmers to 5.14

All of them work except for my office light now anything below 50% flickers. It worked great before on the previous version and I could set it to 1% or 10% with no flicker

The light is not a bulb but an LED light fixture, and it worked fine before so I know its not the lights issue

How do I go about fixing this? I tried changing various parameters but no luck

Comment

dev120v 5.14 has a new parameter that allows to set the lowest dim level. I believe the range is 7 to 20. Try to increase that value to 20 which I think was the default with the prior version of the firmware. Not all bulbs can handle the lower ranges so if you want to go very low you may need to experiment with many different bulbs before finding one that works well.

Comment

Originally posted by aruffell View Post
                          dev120v 5.14 has a new parameter that allows to set the lowest dim level. I believe the range is 7 to 20. Try to increase that value to 20 which I think was the default with the prior version of the firmware. Not all bulbs can handle the lower ranges so if you want to go very low you may need to experiment with many different bulbs before finding one that works well.
                          Thanks, but I am aware of this parameter. I have tried every value (includes 20%)

My light is a complete all-in-on fixture, there is no "bulb"

It worked fine before I upgraded to 5.14. I am not replacing the fixture.

Comment

Because of the latest firmware and the overall design in terms of dimming, I will not be buying anymore HS dimmers. The 6% low-end dim limit is too high for many LED bulbs to actually get dim. Plus the inability to set a high-end dim limit, since many bulbs get too bright early in the dim range. Almost all premium dimmers on the market can set a dim range and limits from 1 to 99%.

Comment

I am also seeing the same issues with the WD200+ dimmers but generally get around them by either replacing one bulb with a regular incandescent or in one instance. But I'm not damning the hardware, nothing that firmware won't fix, software can fix most anything. But I don't think HST writes the firmware but the will have to contact the manufacturer to release a new version of the firmware to address the issues with LED lighting. rjh2 macromark

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
                                Because of the latest firmware and the overall design in terms of dimming, I will not be buying anymore HS dimmers. The 6% low-end dim limit is too high for many LED bulbs to actually get dim. Plus the inability to set a high-end dim limit, since many bulbs get too bright early in the dim range. Almost all premium dimmers on the market can set a dim range and limits from 1 to 99%.
                                Can you recommend comparable dimmers?

Comment

Working...
                                X