X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
    Can you recommend comparable dimmers?
    When you say comparable, can you be specific? For just light handling/dimming, there are many that do this very well. Cooper Aspire series (they have two different paddle designs) can set both the upper and lower limits right from the dimmer in the room. I already have these in many rooms.

For a dimmer that also has scene control and LED status feedback, I just ordered one of these which I plan on evaluating this weekend. It's awesome because it can also "freeze" the relay load which means you can have smart lights in the fixtures and they'll never lose power. I plan on linking the dimmer/on/off functions of this dimmer with my Philips Hue bulbs. This dimmer does almost exactly what the HS-WD200+ does plus goes beyond it. The only thing it doesn't have is 7 discrete status feedback LEDs.
    https://inovelli.com/red-series-dimmer-switch-z-wave/

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

When you say comparable, can you be specific? For just light handling/dimming, there are many that do this very well. Cooper Aspire series (they have two different paddle designs) can set both the upper and lower limits right from the dimmer in the room. I already have these in many rooms.

For a dimmer that also has scene control and LED status feedback, I just ordered one of these which I plan on evaluating this weekend. It's awesome because it can also "freeze" the relay load which means you can have smart lights in the fixtures and they'll never lose power. I plan on linking the dimmer/on/off functions of this dimmer with my Philips Hue bulbs. This dimmer does almost exactly what the HS-WD200+ does plus goes beyond it. The only thing it doesn't have is 7 discrete status feedback LEDs.
      https://inovelli.com/red-series-dimmer-switch-z-wave/
      Appreciate the feedback, thank you!

Comment

Homeseer, I have long posted on the forums with the feature request to disable controlling the relay, with the response being demand for that isn't so high. You guys see the frequency at which the Inovelli switches are recommended, largely for their ability to disable their internal relay. Not just here but in other online communities.

Please re-consider adding this feature. It would make the HS-WD200+ way more attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal2000H View Post
          Homeseer, I have long posted on the forums with the feature request to disable controlling the relay, with the response being demand for that isn't so high. You guys see the frequency at which the Inovelli switches are recommended, largely for their ability to disable their internal relay. Not just here but in other online communities.

Please re-consider adding this feature. It would make the HS-WD200+ way more attractive.
          WS200 (switch) ? The WD200 (dimmer) has no relay. I agree it would be a nice feature to have. Toggling the relay could be relegated to one of the multiple presses used for scenes so one still has local override if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by aruffell View Post

WS200 (switch) ? The WD200 (dimmer) has no relay. I agree it would be a nice feature to have. Toggling the relay could be relegated to one of the multiple presses used for scenes so one still has local override if needed.
            It would be a useful feature on both the WS200 and WS200. I doubt we will ever see it happen.

Comment

For anyone having flicker issues (below 50%) after upgrading your WD200+ to 5.14, I downgraded to 5.13 and the flicker issue is completely gone now

(Note: yes, when I was on 5.14 I set the lowest dim parameter to every possible value and it still flickered below 50%)

Hopefully those smart guys at homeseer can figure this out since 5.14 had the fix for "Fixed multiple taps controlling the load" which I would need also. I use the multi taps for a ton of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dev120v View Post
                For anyone having flicker issues (below 50%) after upgrading your WD200+ to 5.14, I downgraded to 5.13 and the flicker issue is completely gone now

(Note: yes, when I was on 5.14 I set the lowest dim parameter to every possible value and it still flickered below 50%)

Hopefully those smart guys at homeseer can figure this out since 5.14 had the fix for "Fixed multiple taps controlling the load" which I would need also. I use the multi taps for a ton of stuff.
                Have you opened a support ticket with them on this issue? Important to do, so that they have a record of the problem. Don't count on them getting it from the forums....

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post

Have you opened a support ticket with them on this issue? Important to do, so that they have a record of the problem. Don't count on them getting it from the forums....
                  I've chatted with macromark about the issue. Next thing I was going to do was create a support ticket. I will try to do that today

Thanks

**edit**
                  Bug report created

Comment

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere in the 19 pages

1)
                    Does the HS200+ support disabling the relay control for single press events yet? Inovelli has their new switches out that can disable local control of relay for those with smart bulbs or other reasons this is great feature (and leaves automations able to control the load easily).

2)
                    Where can I find a changelog for the firmware upgrades between 5.9 and 5.14? or did versions just jump?

Comment

The answer to your first question is NO. Pretty cool that Inovelli has done that, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusone View Post
                        Sorry if this has been answered somewhere in the 19 pages

1)
                        Does the HS200+ support disabling the relay control for single press events yet? Inovelli has their new switches out that can disable local control of relay for those with smart bulbs or other reasons this is great feature (and leaves automations able to control the load easily).

2)
                        Where can I find a changelog for the firmware upgrades between 5.9 and 5.14? or did versions just jump?
                        Yeah, it really is the one feature that the switches are missing. I use Homeseer switches across my house with the exception of the three rooms where I have smart bulbs, and I use Inovellis' there for this reason. I prefer the HS switches though, and would switch back in a hot second if HS added support for them....

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post

Yeah, it really is the one feature that the switches are missing. I use Homeseer switches across my house with the exception of the three rooms where I have smart bulbs, and I use Inovellis' there for this reason. I prefer the HS switches though, and would switch back in a hot second if HS added support for them....

Paul
                          also the one main feature I am looking for.

This would allow controlling zigbee/wifi/zwave bulbs, and RGB bulbs without disconnecting the power

also I have a homeseer spotlight floodlight. That would allow me to control on/off without disconnecting power

I created a new feature request, but everyone should also do that if you haven't

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...al/2/create/13

Comment

HS-WS200+

The announcement above states that the latest firmware was about three years ago and is 5.13.

So is there some reason that the Downloads page still lists 5.12 as the latest firmware? (See: https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/). Or, is this just inattention to detail and that page really should have 5.13?

Basically: Why does the announcement above disagree with the Downloads page after nearly three year's time?

Comment

I also want the ability to decouple the load from the paddle. My load is bright can lights - I want single tap to turn on lamps instead. Double tap to turn on the bright can lights.

The WX300 has a "smart bulb feature" that decouples load control and allows the WX300 to be used exclusively as a controller. Any chance this could be brought to the HS-WD200+? I don't want to have to buy all new switches just to get this feature... it's a shame to be left hanging here even if these switches are ~5years old.

Comment

I understand your concern, but we contracted out the firmware on these so it would be time consuming and very expensive to have someone modify it. Just being honest here.
                                We do listen though, so all new firmware is now being written by us here in the US. This means we have full control to make changes. We did listen and we added the feature you mentioned in the WX300. I wish we could modify the WD200 and I will check on the firmware status. The WD200 is 500 series and the WX300 is 700 so the development system and firmware are totally different. If they used the same chip, then changes would be much easier.

Originally posted by taylor View Post
                                I also want the ability to decouple the load from the paddle. My load is bright can lights - I want single tap to turn on lamps instead. Double tap to turn on the bright can lights.

The WX300 has a "smart bulb feature" that decouples load control and allows the WX300 to be used exclusively as a controller. Any chance this could be brought to the HS-WD200+? I don't want to have to buy all new switches just to get this feature... it's a shame to be left hanging here even if these switches are ~5years old.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X