T8 LED tubes flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T8 LED tubes flicker

I am adding z-wave devices to my pole barn/shop. I installed a Jasco "GE Enbrighten Z-Wave In-Wall Smart Toggle Switch" in the bathroom which has a 2 Lamp T8 LED Shop Light (see https://www.primelights.com/shop/ite...tt-pl-blt44wfr) in the ceiling. When I connect the switch and restore power, the T8s flicker whether the switch is flipped on or off.

The switch says it works with LEDs. Any ideas what is wrong?

no, it is a standard toggle. I finally got ahold of Jasco and they said the tubes aren't compatible with the switch. Got a link for the Levitron switch? I assume it is z-wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Rut Row View Post
      no, it is a standard toggle. I finally got ahold of Jasco and they said the tubes aren't compatible with the switch. Got a link for the Levitron switch? I assume it is z-wave.
      Sorry about that... was editing.
      Is the switch a single pole relay?
      I'd try reversing the the wires to the lamps on the switch if that's the case. My Leviton switches are double pole, fully disconnecting the lamps from the power source.
      I've long ago thrown away the boxes the switches came in, but I'll have a look for the model #
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I think this might be it.
        https://www.aartech.ca/leviton-d15s-...ve-switch.html

Aartech is Canadian, but the model # is DZ15S-1BZ

From that, it sounds like the Jasco switch might be using a triac output.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Do yourself a favor and dump the GE products. Put in a HomeSeer WS200 which is a physical relay in the switch and will work with your LED tubes.

Comment

thanks

Comment

I tried again. Apparently I did not have the wirenut twisted tight enough to have a good connection. Unforgivable since I am an electrician. It works as expected now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rut Row View Post
                  I tried again. Apparently I did not have the wirenut twisted tight enough to have a good connection. Unforgivable since I am an electrician. It works as expected now.
                  Probably the most fortunate way to discover such a problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X