Homeseer Switches Clicking and Not Responsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Switches Clicking and Not Responsive

I have two separate HS Switches start clicking and became unresponsive. Both are regular switches, not dimmers or companions. The second one started clicking just now when my evening event ran. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Dave

Originally posted by lodi View Post
    I have two separate HS Switches start clicking and became unresponsive. Both are regular switches, not dimmers or companions. The second one started clicking just now when my evening event ran. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Dave
    Are these new switches? Have you tried to power cycle them? If that does not work contact HomeSeer for support.

Comment

Are they unresponsive both from ZWave and when manually pressing the switches? Have you tried to reset the switches?

Interesting coincidence if they both broke near the same time. Have nay power surges recently?

Comment

I had WS200 switches that stopped working. Seems that there was a had batch of them. HomeSeer replaced them under warenty.

Comment

drhtmal - The switches are not new. Probably a couple of years old. How do you power cycle them?

@aa6vhI - They are unresponsive both when connecting from HomeSeer and and manually. I assume resetting and power cycling are the same thing. I don’t think there was a power surge. No other switches or equipment were affected. I have a whole home surge protector in my panel so hopefully this would catch a surge. The two clicking switches broke within 60 days of each other. I have had other issues too, but did not make too much of them. I have a dimmer that stopped dimming and it does not connect to HS, however, it turns on and off manually. Two other dimmers stopped working all together. They were the first to break so I just wrote them off and did not bother contacting HS. Probably should have. I will definitely get ahold of them regarding the three current switches that are broken. I have a big investment in HS and really like working with the system. Hopefully, these are one off issues.

drhtmal - A bad batch might make sense. I tend to buy them in batches and install them as I get time.

Thanks for your replies....

Dave

Comment

I tried the reset and power cycling. Neither worked. I wil contact HS on Monday. Thanks!

Comment

I just had same thing happen with two WS-200 at same time. Happened after giving remove node command to each. Thought first one was a fluke But then happened second time right after. Power cycling doesn’t fix and doesn’t respond to paddles or reset. Will be contacting HS tomorrow. Bummer.

Comment

Working...
              X