Firmware confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware confusion

I've got several Wx100 switches (both dimmer and switches.) and one 200 fan control
    (the 200s were out of stock when I ordered, or would have gone all 200)

saw the new LED dimming curve mentioned, but when I try to set "low dimming threshold" it always goes back to standard.

I'm very confused by the firmware numbers, The only thing I seem to find in the forums is other people being confused, but no official explanations, just guesses from other members.
    my switches are all 50.x while downloads are 5.x
    100 switches 50.3
    100 dimmers 50.4
    200 fan 50.5
    (version numbers from the individual about page, and the z-wave node info page)

also instructions aren't helpful at all. "The button on the device may need to be pressed."
    Which button?
    on button? off button?
    long or short press?
    also nothing in the manual to clear this up.

I've tried a couple of the WD100 and one WS100 from within Homeseer, and it stops after a bit and leaves me with
    "Firmware Update Status: Receiving... Count: 100520
    Firmware Completion Status: Firmware Insufficient Memory in Target"
    Searching the forums, it seems I'm the only one with this error.

I would try to update the fan controller (the only 200 series I have) but there's no firmware available to try (unless it's somewhere else, )

I Do have z-flash installed, but it's out of it's trial period, and don't want to pay if it's not going to fix anything.
    (shouldn't have to pay for an updater in the first place, but that's another topic)

I'm on a very old z-stick,
    found this on my old orders "Aeon Labs Z-Stick-S2 Z-Wave USB Interface"

Homeseer z-wave version Is 3.0.1.252
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station

I am receiving the same error on WD-200. On 5.9, trying to go to 5.14. Updated 3 other WD200 so far, no trouble. This one switch refuses, with the same error you are getting. Mine is via a Z-Net right next to the switch.

Back and forth with HS support for 2 weeks, no resolution. I think it has to be a bad dimmer...

Comment

I have the same issue with one of my WD100 devices. One shows 50.4 as the current firmware version. The rest of the WD100 devices show traditional 5.14 version numbers. Have either of you found a solution?

Comment

Working...
      X