Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave stand-alone battery-powered switch

Hello

I'm looking for a battery-powered switch to control a smart, ZWave receptacle. The GE Enbrighten 34172 Z-Wave seems promising. (It gets pretty poor reviews on Amazon so other suggestions are welcome.)

I am very new to Homeseer and wanted to make sure I understand how I'd make this work. My thought is I would connect both devices to HS and use Events to tell the switch to talk to the receptacle. It's a very simple on/off. (If I had the walls all open, I'd do it with wires.)

Am I thinking about this correctly?

Thanks.

The switch is a secondary controller. Do you have a wired location where you can install? If so you can run a normal z-wave without a load. If not Aoetec makes one that I have seen recommended in the forum.

Comment

I don't have one myself, but this gets good reviews. Remotec

I found at least one user on the forum that says it works with HS.
      Is this device supported?

Comment

Thank you both for the responses.

AllHaiJ, by "secondary controller" does that mean the HS is the primary?

I guess I had never thought about running a switch without a load. So if I have power to a location, I can just power the switch directly. Is this true for most ZWave switches? Even a cheapy like this.

If I don't have power there, seems like the Enbrighten might be the best bet. I really only want a simple rocker switch -- don't need lots of buttons in this case.

Comment

Yes and if you know what a minimote is it behaves similarly.

Yes it's true with most z-wave switches but you need to read the specs and see if it requires load and how much. No load could damage relay (if it has one) but all you really want is the z-wave part of the switch.

Comment

So if I have both the ZWave and Zigbee plug-in for HS, could I use a Zigbee switch to control my ZWave outlet? Something like this?

The GE Enbrighten 34172 really gets savaged in the reviews. It seems like it will meet the need but I'm reluctant to buy it with such negative feedback.

Comment

(Bump) the 34172 will control a Z Wave device. You add it to your Homeseer network, but the. You have to add the device you want to control through the remote itself.

Comment

The Zooz ZEN34 is a much better choice with the same form factor as the GE (Jasco) Scene Remotes. It will even fit perfectly in the nifty Magnetic Remote Stand that Jasco sells (https://byjasco.com/magnetic-remote-stand). Check it out at https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pro...attery-powered.

Comment

Working...
                X