Wall plate with HS200 Dimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall plate with HS200 Dimmers

I bought some Zee wave dimmers New ones....i have the wall plate for 2 gang as well. Those switches together are too wide for the wall plate it came with. Do I cut the metal tabs off one side?

Originally posted by tool172 View Post
    I bought some Zee wave dimmers New ones....i have the wall plate for 2 gang as well. Those switches together are too wide for the wall plate it came with. Do I cut the metal tabs off one side?
    Yes. You have to break off the metal sides. The tabs are a heat sink to help dissipate heat from the the dimmer. When you break off the tabs the dimmer becomes derated and can't handle as large a load as a dimmer with all the tabs. The manual has info on load capacity when the dimmer is dertated.

Comment

good deal. not an issue for current area. Thank you for the quick reply. 25W and 100W respectively

Comment

Just remember, you don't have to break off the tabs on both sides. Break off the Right Tabs on the Left Switch. Break off the Left tabs on the Right switch. (Say that three times real fast)! The other tabs fill fit fine, overhang the mounting box and hidden behind the wall plate.

Comment

Working...
        X