Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS-WS100+ triple/double tap no longer working (and not reporting status)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WS100+ triple/double tap no longer working (and not reporting status)

I have a rock solid Homeseer (HS3) environment. Haven't messed with it in months, and everything works (was working) perfectly.

In the last week, though, one HS-WS100+ switch doesn't report triple/double taps. The events that previously were triggered by it, and which used to work perfectly, now no longer work.

I've rescanned the switch, reoptimized, turned the Z-Wave plug-in off and back on, all to no effect.

The other WS-100+ switches on the network work perfectly.

I suspect this is a bad switch -- has anyone encountered anything like this before, where the switch works except for triple/double taps?

EDIT -- so I played around with this a bit more. Status isn't being reported either. So if I locally control the light, the status of the light isn't being reported. However, I can control the light through Homeseer -- so it appears the problem is that the switch isn't reporting anything, but can still receive commands.

What do people think? Bad switch?

I had one that didn't even work locally before I had to replace it. Just a wild shot, but have to tried to update the firmware? Might not be possible if it's already the latest. Oh, havew you turned off the power for a minute or so, then back on?
    Failing that, I think it may be a bad switch.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

OK, I did something random and fixed it. It appears that the association with HomeSeer got off whack. Rescanning it didn't help, because HS wouldn't recreate the association because it was already there. And for some reason manually removing and then reading the association didn't work either.

What did do the trick was removing the association, and then rescanning. During the rescan HS created the association.

And now everything works.

Hopefully this info will be useful to someone in the future searching the forum for a similar issue!

Comment

Glad that worked... Gee, I didn't even think of that.. Just so obvious..

HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Perhaps bug in the firmware 5.16 and 5.17
          Two separate Hs-Ws100 every so often stop sending any signal on a triple tap of the off side. There is nothing in the log and the switch acts just like a dumb rock. nothing. One is on firmware 5.16 and the other on 5.17. They both show the same behavior when they fail. If I just turn the switch on then off it starts working again. And it will probably be a long time before I see this again. In both cases the light was turned on by Hs3 and I wanted this light to stay on yet send a three taps off signal to shut off another device.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
            Perhaps bug in the firmware 5.16 and 5.17
            Two separate Hs-Ws100 every so often stop sending any signal on a triple tap of the off side. There is nothing in the log and the switch acts just like a dumb rock. nothing. One is on firmware 5.16 and the other on 5.17. They both show the same behavior when they fail. If I just turn the switch on then off it starts working again. And it will probably be a long time before I see this again. In both cases the light was turned on by Hs3 and I wanted this light to stay on yet send a three taps off signal to shut off another device.

Stuart
            They could be on the road to failure. The switch in question that was problematic for me ended up failing six months later.

Comment

Working...
            X