Double/triple tap not working consistently if light (local load) is Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double/triple tap not working consistently if light (local load) is Off

I see this occassionaly on both my HS100 and HS200's. Not always, but sometimes, if the local load/light is off (e.g. the single tap), and i double tap to run a scene, nothing happens. I can confirm this as nothing shows up in the log after the double tab.

If i turn the light/dimmer on (Switch or dimmer to any level), double tap now works perfectly.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Just tried it on an hd100 and it recorded the double tap while the light was off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-11-03 13-05-02.png Views:	0 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	1430951

Comment

I can confirm this on a number of my 200's. Will file support ticket.

One of the settings is this:
      :Faster Response/Disable Multitap (firmware 5.12 or later) - enable/disable"

Any idea what this is?

Comment

Interesting... found what i think is a bug although i can't say why.

My double taps run two different events... double tap top and a lighting event come on; double tap bottom and the lighting event turns lights off.

Often however, i never do the lower double tap (Scene 002 Key Pressed 2 Times) and have the event/lights turn off some other way, like a timed event, alexa routine, etc.

What i've been able to reproduce if that if i don't turn off a double tap (e.g. Scene 002 Key Pressed 2 Times), after doing a Scene 001 Key Pressed 2 Times, then the next time i want to turn on the event (Scene 001 Key Pressed 2 Times), it won't work.

Adding to this to make more understandable:

When it works:
        Scene 001 Key Pressed 2 Times - event #1 runs
        Scene 002 Key Pressed 2 Times - event #2 runs

When it does not work properly:
        Run Alexa routine - event #2 runs
        Scene 001 Key Pressed 2 Times - event #1 DOES NOT RUN

Comment

I wonder if this is in the triggering as it is looking for a change in the timestamp to trigger the event. Do you by chance have the "Do not update the device last change time if the value does not change" flag set?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-11-04 10-38-25.png
Views:	168
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1431098

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
            I wonder if this is in the triggering as it is looking for a change in the timestamp to trigger the event. Do you by chance have the "Do not update the device last change time if the value does not change" flag set?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-11-04 10-38-25.png
Views:	168
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1431098
            I do have that checked, although don't think i ever actually checked it.

Looking at a random sampling of some other HS200 dimmers... it IS checked on all of them.

I'm honestly not sure what that is?

Comment

Central scenes can sometimes act a bit squirrely in my experience. uncheck the do not update flag. That may solve your issue.

Also make sure you're using "had it's value set" as your event trigger. If you're using the 'changed one' then you'll get inconsistent results when triggering the event.

Finally, I find that I sometimes have to set the value of the central scene device to 0 to avoid loops and inconsistent results. I just incorporate that into my event action.
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Hey Tom, I came across this same bug... I noticed it while trying to troubleshoot some events... I think what's happening is that the scenes are being fired, but the HS log does not register them, no matter what the settings are in the device features.

Everyone try this:
                Double tap up - you should see the a new timestamp on the child device for the scene controller.
                Double tap up again - what I see is that the timestamp does not change, even if you uncheck "Last Change Time Updates on Status Change Only"
                Double tap down - timestamp gets update.
                Double tap up - timestamp gets updated.
                Double tap up - no change in timestamp.

I was doing this on my HS WD100+ and it was driving me crazy since I couldn't get reliable feedback on why events were or were not working correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
                  Hey Tom, I came across this same bug... I noticed it while trying to troubleshoot some events... I think what's happening is that the scenes are being fired, but the HS log does not register them, no matter what the settings are in the device features.

Everyone try this:
                  Double tap up - you should see the a new timestamp on the child device for the scene controller.
                  Double tap up again - what I see is that the timestamp does not change, even if you uncheck "Last Change Time Updates on Status Change Only"
                  Double tap down - timestamp gets update.
                  Double tap up - timestamp gets updated.
                  Double tap up - no change in timestamp.

I was doing this on my HS WD100+ and it was driving me crazy since I couldn't get reliable feedback on why events were or were not working correctly.
                  so i think we are saying the same thing. If you do a double tap "up" a couple of times, without a double tap "down", it doesn't get updated.

To be clear, the scenes are not firing, as the associated events are not firing (at least as far as i understand it).

jmaddox , i'll give this a try tomorrow and report back.

Comment

Yeah, successive identical scene events are not getting logged and/or registered.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
                      Central scenes can sometimes act a bit squirrely in my experience. uncheck the do not update flag. That may solve your issue.

Also make sure you're using "had it's value set" as your event trigger. If you're using the 'changed one' then you'll get inconsistent results when triggering the event.

Finally, I find that I sometimes have to set the value of the central scene device to 0 to avoid loops and inconsistent results. I just incorporate that into my event action.
                      Initial testing is that this works perfectly. THANKS.

still waiting on support to weigh in. they asked for screen shots, so we'll see if they make the same reco regarding the "had it's value set to".

EDIT: Support came back with the same instructions... thanks all!

Comment

jmaddox - Thank you! This fixed my issue. I have several GE Dimmer switches that have scene control. They are now all working.

Comment

Working...
                        X