Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting dimming level to "Last" has no effect on HS-WD200+ Wall Dimmer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting dimming level to "Last" has no effect on HS-WD200+ Wall Dimmer.

Setting the dimming level on the HS-WD200+ to "Last" is ignored, the light stays on the current brightness, not the previous brightness. All other dimming levels work. Is there a special procedure to tp program the dimming level to "Last" in order to revert to the previous light level?

"Last" sets the switch to it's most recent non-zero value. If already on, the switch's most recent non-zero value is the current one, so nothing happens.
    -Wade

Comment

Hi Wade, Thank you for your reply. I have an event which turns on a HS-WD200+ wall switch to 17% at dusk and off at 9:00 pm. During this time period or later a motion detector event will turn the switch to 100%. Fifteen minutes later I want the switch to return to 17% (or off, if that was the condition when the motion detector activated.) I tried to use the "last" setting to accomplish this. Apparently the "last" setting does not work in this manner. Do you agree?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by rougemont603 View Post
        Hi Wade, Thank you for your reply. I have an event which turns on a HS-WD200+ wall switch to 17% at dusk and off at 9:00 pm. During this time period or later a motion detector event will turn the switch to 100%. Fifteen minutes later I want the switch to return to 17% (or off, if that was the condition when the motion detector activated.) I tried to use the "last" setting to accomplish this. Apparently the "last" setting does not work in this manner. Do you agree?

Paul
        Agree. If the motion event has turn it on to 100%, then a subsequent "last" command will return it to 100% from Off. If 17% is always the target dim level then it's easy enough to have the event set it to that rather than last. If the 17% is actually variable, then one option would be to create a virtual device to store the desired level and then use EasyTrigger "set device to another device" to set the dimmer to the virtual device's value.
        -Wade

Comment

Working...
        X