CANNOT READ QR CODE!!!! - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CANNOT READ QR CODE!!!! - Solved!

Is there some other way to configure these cameras? I just got two today and cannot get past the QR Code reading part. I have tried both and I have tried other phones. SUPER frustrating as it takes a bit to get to the QR code part.....
    It's as if the app does not have permission to use the camera. It does not ask to use the camera...
    Have tried an iPhone 6, and 2 iPhone 7's, an iPhone 10, and two Android devices. No dice. And neither Android asked me for locations permissions. I am on the latest version of the App and OS on all platforms....

Took 3 minutes to set up in iSmartViewPro…… Both.

Comment

I'd email support@homeseer.com
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sure. I was just hoping for a quick fix from someone who has already dealt with this.

Comment

Given they are pretty new, might not be many on the forum that have used them yet. Thanks for being the guinea pig ;-)
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I had to go to my permissions on my Android and allow location permissions on the HSMobile app and then this worked.
            πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Rob - contact our support folks for help. This is not typical.
              πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

UPDATE: Maybe I'm not a complete idiot!

OK, I am an idiot. I was trying as hard as I could to use the PHONE CAMERA to read the QR Code on the bottom of the HS Camera. While the grammar in Step 8 is not the best, if I had thoroughly read the last sentence in Step 7, it would have been clear(er) that I use the HS camera lens.... Rupp was kind enough to point that out to me. I have no excuse. Well, none that would make this any better.

THANKS RUPP!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                  OK, I am an idiot. I was trying as hard as I could to use the PHONE CAMERA to read the QR Code on the bottom of the HS Camera. While the grammar in Step 8 is not the best, if I had thoroughly read the last sentence in Step 7, it would have been clear(er) that I use the HS camera lens.... Rupp was kind enough to point that out to me. I have no excuse. Well, none that would make this any better.

THANKS RUPP!

Rob
                  That's good to hear. FWIW, there is a step by step installation video for each camera. Here's the one of the indoor unit:

Comment

OK, I'm feeling somewhat vindicated as I cannot get the QR Code to read the correct way. I deleted one of my cameras and tried to add it again, but it is still a no go. Tried with an iPhone7 and a Fire7.
                    Error when uploading video.

Comment

OK, I'm feeling somewhat vindicated as I cannot get the QR Code to read the correct way. I deleted one of my cameras and tried to add it again, but it is still a no go. Tried with an iPhone7 and a Fire7.
                      Error when uploading video. I PROMISE I was doing it right this time!
                      What did support say when you contacted them?

Comment

Tried it again (using the correct method) with iSmartViewPro and it found and saved it almost immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

What did support say when you contacted them?
                          I haven't contacted them again. Rupp got me going with the correct method. I still could not get it to work. It DID work fine with iSmartViewPro. It is back on my network. I've spent 4 hours over two days connecting these to Homeseer and now connected, I can't really do anything with them other than view them without adding them manually again through NetCam. and then Pan/Tilt is gone in HSTouch and HS Mobile OR I have two versions of it.

Comment

I haven't contacted them again. Rupp got me going with the correct method. I still could not get it to work. It DID work fine with iSmartViewPro. It is back on my network. I've spent 4 hours over two days connecting these to Homeseer and now connected, I can't really do anything with them other than view them without adding them manually again through NetCam. and then Pan/Tilt is gone in HSTouch and HS Mobile OR I have two versions of it.
                            The "correct method" for HomeSeer users is to use HomeSeer Mobile to add these cameras to your system. That will ensure all the functions (including pan/tilt) work properly. I would highly recommend getting with our support folks to figure this out so you can have pan/tilt functionality.

Comment

I hear ya. The "correct method" I was talking about was using the HS Camera's lens to read the QR Code on the phone's screen, not the other way around like I was trying. However, I think I have solved it!! ....for me anyway. Only after logging in to the camera and doing a maintenance restore to default and starting over could I get the correct method to work for Camera 1. I then pushbutton reset my Camera 2 and tried the correct method. No dice. I set it up with iSmartviewPro, logged into it and did a maintenance restore to default and tried again. SUCCESS. Perhaps because my two cameras were open box there was something already in it that a pushbutton reset does not clear? Like the manufacturer's DDNS being used (012edww.nwsvr1.com) which is not affected by a pushbutton restore? Had to turn that off manually and save it. It did not come back after a pushbutton reset. And you CAN change the admin name! I did and it all works fine.

So after spending 5+ hours tinkering with these new cameras, I still have to add them manually to the NetCAM plug-in to get HS to take a picture with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X