Can't finish add camera process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't finish add camera process

I get to the scan QR code part, the camera beeps but the app never finishes the final step and says it's completed.

I struggled with this with the outdoor camera.
    Make sure the device you're using is on the same network as the camera. Mine wasn't because the device was using the 5G band and the camera does not.
    I also moved closer to the router even though I have excellent signal throughout the house.

Comment

Originally posted by rragan View Post
      I get to the scan QR code part, the camera beeps but the app never finishes the final step and says it's completed.
      Put in a support ticket at support@homeseer.com and they will wok with your on getting this working.
      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I have the exact same issue. It seems to take the QR code and gives me 2 beeps like it's finished. I sent in a support ticket and will advise if they help me solve it. My guess is- it is some setting or router connect issue. I am using an Orbi mesh system router. But I have tried using telnet to configuring a specific SSID for 2.4 only, as well as completely turning off the 5Ghz, and the satellite, and back channel bridging. I've tried everything I can think of. I have put it right next to the router like racerfern said. reset cameras. rebooted router many times. It always hangs (spinning wheel) on last step and never completes. My old foscam cameras set up fine. There has to be something missing from documentation but I will happily eat crow if someone points out something I'm doing stupid. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          I struggled with this with the outdoor camera.
          Make sure the device you're using is on the same network as the camera. Mine wasn't because the device was using the 5G band and the camera does not.
          I also moved closer to the router even though I have excellent signal throughout the house.
          I was hoping this was the issue, since I had my iPhone on the 5GHz wifi...but switching it to the 2.4 side didn't help. I appreciate the suggestion though. I've emailed HomeSeer Support for a resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by ZimDog View Post
            I have the exact same issue. It seems to take the QR code and gives me 2 beeps like it's finished. I sent in a support ticket and will advise if they help me solve it. My guess is- it is some setting or router connect issue. I am using an Orbi mesh system router. But I have tried using telnet to configuring a specific SSID for 2.4 only, as well as completely turning off the 5Ghz, and the satellite, and back channel bridging. I've tried everything I can think of. I have put it right next to the router like racerfern said. reset cameras. rebooted router many times. It always hangs (spinning wheel) on last step and never completes. My old foscam cameras set up fine. There has to be something missing from documentation but I will happily eat crow if someone points out something I'm doing stupid. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.
            That's what mine does...two beeps but the app never completes the last phase. Emailed support.

Comment

I did just monitor my wifi network and saw the camera connect to the AP. I can log into it through a web browser, so it got the config info. It's just not connecting to HS.

Comment

It did not however accept the new password I specified on the app because I had to use the default to log into it.

Comment

I tried leaving the password as default and not specifying a new one, but still won't add to HS.

Comment

Exactly the same issues here. Setup never completes on HomeSeerMobile. Yet, the device has logged on to my 2.4MHz WiFi. I can see it has an address from DHCP, so I used my browser and can connect to it fine. It is just HS3 won't see it and/or won't let me set it up manually either!

Comment

I get a solid red and blue light after the beep, and it never completes.

Comment

Are you guys putting in support tickets on these issues?
                        πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I’ll work more on it this weekend when I have time. I don’t know why I’m still working, I should just retire.

Comment

I got it added. Reset to factory defaults. Made sure HS mobile was connecting as local admin. The add completed. Now, I’m not sure what to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frobozz View Post
                              I got it added. Reset to factory defaults. Made sure HS mobile was connecting as local admin. The add completed. Now, I’m not sure what to do with it.
                              You can now view your camera(s) in HomeSeer Mobile for starters.

Comment

Working...
                              X