This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? No POE?

Just noticed these today and I'm really disappointed there is no POE option. There are cameras that are cheaper or the same price point out there that include POE (not necessarily comparing quality).

Any chance of a POE version? Maybe a turret version as well?
    Thanks,
    Frank

POE adds considerably to the expense. We will see how many ask for this. It did not seem to make sense to burden the cameras with a feature that most probably don't need. But if most of our users want it, we can certainly add it. If you add a POE injector you will probably be at about the same price.

It is hard to find a camera that works "our of the box" with HS since the protocols are so different. Most cameras are moving to proprietary protocols. These cameras work with no extra coding. They also support ONVIF and standard RTSP so they do work with other applications.

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    Just noticed these today and I'm really disappointed there is no POE option. There are cameras that are cheaper or the same price point out there that include POE (not necessarily comparing quality).

Any chance of a POE version? Maybe a turret version as well?
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

I appreciate the feedback. For me, it's POE or not Go. I've used POE injectors/splitters before and it's just not worth the hassle. I"m hoping this is something you can do at some point. I would love cameras that would "just work" with HS.
      Thanks,
      Frank

Comment

POE a must
        tenholde

Comment

Poe is a nice feature to have especially if you want to place a camera outside but don't have power close by. Far easier to deal with low voltage wire and tuck it behind siding for example than to have to run a new 15 amp circuit and deal with going through walls and building codes. I in the market for a couple of outdoor cameras right now and at this point I'll have to buy a different brand. Kind of a bummer because otherwise specs look good. I would assume that the indoor camera is the same as far as Poe goes

Comment

+1 for POE
            HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
            64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
            UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
            Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

+1 for POE

Comment

+1 for POE

I have a POE system now but it goes through a server that I don't want to have to rely on. An IP POE that works out of the box with HS would be a godsend.

Comment

+1 for PoE. If I have to run a wire to the camera for power it might as well be PoE.

Not sure why anyone would make a camera without it.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
                    ...Not sure why anyone would make a camera without it.
                    Cost?

Comment

Another vote for PoE. An important reason to me is for central UPS.
                      -Wade

Comment

+1 for p0e

Comment

+1 for POE

Comment

+1 for POE
                            I only buy POE cameras.

Comment

+1 POE a must have

Comment

Working...