This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
    I too only use POE. I have 2MP and 5MP cams, any new cams I add will be 5MP or higher. I wonder what the results of a poll would be; wifi vs POE, not to mention the preferred resolution.
    I upgraded the resolution on all of my cameras last year and that just forced me to buy an upgraded PC to run Blue Iris because the old one was no longer sufficient. I will be thinking long and hard about bandwidth and other implications before doing any more resolution upgrades,,, I think there is a point where you really have to challenge the benefit of higher resolution vs the unintended consequences.

Comment

+1 for POE

Comment

I've been looking at adding additional cameras to our home and PoE cameras are essentially the only outdoor camera I'll consider except for the most remote of locations where it may be near impossible to trench a cable out. I don't like relying on Wi-Fi for what I consider more critical infrastructure items.

Comment

I now understand a little better why they didn't put Poe in this camera. WiFi camera typically don't have Poe because they are using WiFi anyways. That being said a Poe version of this camera perhaps without wifi would be nice.

Comment

POE!! +1

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
              I now understand a little better why they didn't put Poe in this camera. WiFi camera typically don't have Poe because they are using WiFi anyways. That being said a Poe version of this camera perhaps without wifi would be nice.
              Yes, in most cases I think this would be true. Worth noting, though, that this camera has both wifi and wired ethernet connectivity for signal.
              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Yes, in most cases I think this would be true. Worth noting, though, that this camera has both wifi and wired ethernet connectivity for signal.
                Well then yes that is off that they didn't Poe. I missed that before

Comment

Really? No POE?
                  My sentiments exactly

Comment

Working...
                  X