Outdoor camera with BlueIris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor camera with BlueIris

Anyone successfully have the outdoor camera working with BlueIris? I have the indoor PTZ camera running with no troubles but the two Homeseer outdoor cameras I picked up have been a real struggle.

You can get snap shots using this URL:
    http://WANIPAddress/mjpeg/snap.cgi?chn=1
    You will have to port forward your camera to see it outside your local lan.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have BlueIris running inside my local LAN. Is there a way to get it the RTSP video stream? That's what I'm struggling with.

Thanks!

Comment

Wasn't this question about getting the stream from HS Outdoor cameras to work with Blue Iris software? I don't think the OP was looking for snapshots or access from outside of a LAN.

Comment

That's correct. Thanks for the clarification Mike.

Comment

Yes, many systems use snapshot url for streaming they just get the snaps very quickly. There's also a RTSP stream that you can use as well. Ex. rtsp://user***@192.168.x.x/live/ch0
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I just setup an indoor Homeseer Cam, in BLUE IRIS and once you plug in the IP address into the Add Camera screen there is a Search button on the right side there and Blue iris searches and found the right setup parameters.

I don't know who makes the Cam, but it's working for now with those parameters.

What BI settings did you use for your indoor Cam?
              Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
              | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
              Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
              BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

The indoor camera I bought worked like a champ without any trouble.

Rupp is on the money....if you use the direct RTSP URL it works from with the outdoor cameras. I've got them all streaming into BlueIris fine now. Thanks fellas. We're starting a big home project Monday and I want to get a timelapse setup before we get going.

For 1080:
                Code:
                rtsp://user:pass@192.168.2.147/live/ch0
                For 720:
                Code:
                rtsp://user:pass@192.168.2.147/live/ch1

Comment

I must be missing something. I can't get the HS-Cam-O to work with RTSP in Blue Iris. I just get no signal. The snapshot works, but this just gets me "No Signal".
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	outdoorsettings.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1340905

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Yes, many systems use snapshot url for streaming they just get the snaps very quickly. There's also a RTSP stream that you can use as well. Ex. rtsp://user***@192.168.x.x/live/ch0
                    Stupid newbie question: where do you plug this rtsp url into?
                    Button, text box, and where within that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can I add a HS outdoor camera to BI without adding it through HS Mobile? I can't get past the QR screen and I'm looking for other options other than having to return the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by tdelong View Post
                        I must be missing something. I can't get the HS-Cam-O to work with RTSP in Blue Iris. I just get no signal. The snapshot works, but this just gets me "No Signal".
                        Change your "http" in the drop down on the top left to "rtsp" then put the

Code:
                        xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/live/ch0
                        inside the URL text box to the right of it and you should be set.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                          Can I add a HS outdoor camera to BI without adding it through HS Mobile? I can't get past the QR screen and I'm looking for other options other than having to return the camera.
                          The QR code method allows you to add the camera to your WiFi without hardwiring it with a Ethernet cable. If you simply want to use it with BI you could plug an Ethernet cable into it, allow your router to assign it an IP via DHCP and then log into the router to see what the IP is and go from there.

Comment

Hmm, I finally got the camera working through WiFi. I didn't know that many hoops existed! Now, as far as BI, can someone give me detailed steps as to what to enter?
                            I changed the http:// to rtsp://, entered the ip address and the new password, yet nothing.

I had to use the default password to get anywhere. However at some point I probably need to go back to my password.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comment

Just to the right of the address entry field, do you see a search button.?
                              BI will poll the address to get the camera to identify it's capabilities.
                              Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                              | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                              Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                              BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
                              X