No announcement yet.

Outdoor camera with BlueIris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did try search, and somehow after changing the password (I think) it's working.

Comment

Originally posted by martinarcher View Post

Change your "http" in the drop down on the top left to "rtsp" then put the

Code:
      xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/live/ch0
      inside the URL text box to the right of it and you should be set.
      Thanks for responding. That was what I originally entered and couldn't get it to work with Blue Iris. When I had it set to RTSP I would get "No Signal I/O Error" on Blue Iris instead of just "No Signal".

While trouble shooting I reset the camera to factory, and set it up in Blue Iris first. Lo and behold it worked using the rtsp settings quoted above. However, when I would add it back into Homeseer it would fail in Blue Iris.

I'm assuming it may be something with my network setup.

Comment

That's weird. Is the Homeseer setup changing the IP of the camera causing BI to loose the stream?

Comment

Hi Martin, I can login in to the cameras browser interface still with the same ip. I logged in to check and make sure the ports and protocols are on and match the settings in BI.

I’ve been looking into the I/O Error on BI and found mention that it occurs when multiple systems are picking up the RTSP stream. It’s claimed to be a result of the cameras firmware not being able to support multiple systems. However It sounds like people use it on both systems without issue so I’m sticking with my thought that it’s a network issue. I have a VPN router and managed switches with several VLANs so I’m concentrating on that. My cameras all have IP and MAC binding.

The camera works great on Homeseer and does what I need it do, now it’s just a matter of obsession to figure this out.

Comment

I'm having similar problems - the cameras work fine with HS, and for about ~18 hours they worked in BI as well, and I was able to set up some "check_vcmd" logic and an IFTTT trigger with Google Assistant to get them to cast to my TV's/Nest Hub Max via the Chromecast plugin, so everything was great

Then all at once the cameras ended up with "No Signal" in BI, even though they work fine in HS. And the web interface for the camera also doesn't work now with "no playable sources found" on all 3 cameras.

Comment

Then all at once the cameras ended up with "No Signal" in BI, even though they work fine in HS. And the web interface for the camera also doesn't work now with "no playable sources found" on all 3 cameras.
              Di you change some general settings in BI and then restart the BI server (maybe at a later point?) I just went through a similar scenario after switching some HS and some not HS cameras to Intel hardware acceleration. This was in an effort to reduce CPU load. The HS camera, BI or my PC didn't like that at all. So I've reverted the settings and everything is fine again.

Comment

... and after spending most of the afternoon fighting with it and giving up and posting here, I solved it by turning off hardware decoding and found that the built-in web player on the camera works fine in IE.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Di you change some general settings in BI and then restart the BI server (maybe at a later point?) I just went through a similar scenario after switching some HS and some not HS cameras to Intel hardware acceleration. This was in an effort to reduce CPU load. The HS camera, BI or my PC didn't like that at all. So I've reverted the settings and everything is fine again.
                  Yep, I was following some other instructions about changing those settings to make it work with casting, but turns out that's not necessary. Being able to say "hey Google, show the <camera> on the <cast device>" and have it work dynamically is pretty awesome. And I just figured out you could get a stream for the group, too, so I can get a quad view of my cameras all at once. I'd rather it be native, of course, but until Blue Iris or HomeSeer do more direct integration (I'd like to leave out the "on the <cast device" part) that's as good as it's going to get, I think.

Comment

that the built-in web player on the camera works fine in IE.
                    Works in Chrome as well.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Works in Chrome as well.
                      I've had mixed results. The BI player works fine in Chrome for sure.

Comment

So i try to enter the RTSP url and nothing shows up in my browser?

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
                          So i try to enter the RTSP url and nothing shows up in my browser?
                          You can't use the RTSP url directly in the browser. You can use it in the configuration of the camera in BI or you can use it in something like VLC to test it, though.

Comment

Personally always test the camera stream with VLC rather than IE aspx. In fact here only utilize Firefox these days.

Noticing now that my el cheapo HikVision 5MP test camera boards have options to stream to the cloud, locally, JPG, ONVIF (dual streams) and RTSP.

I have shut down the cloud streaming on my new OEM HikVision doorbell and access local SD recordings using a Hikvision application via VPN.

With RTSP / ONVIF streaming it should be very easy to connect to Blue Iris.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Without going off the intended subject, is it as simple as changing the Primary DNS to your own router or some nonsensical set of numbers? Or blank?

Comment

Originally posted by martinarcher View Post

The QR code method allows you to add the camera to your WiFi without hardwiring it with a Ethernet cable. If you simply want to use it with BI you could plug an Ethernet cable into it, allow your router to assign it an IP via DHCP and then log into the router to see what the IP is and go from there.
                                I've been trying this since the QR code method (both wired and wireless) didn't seem to work for me.

I reset, plugged it into a switch, and never get an IP. I'm running STP on a Unifi setup, and for some reason, the port is being blocked to the camera.

Any idea what i can try, before i send back?

EDIT: I got it working by logging onto the camera directly via an ethernet cable to a laptop were i changed the ip address... then was able to enter wifi creds and go from there. what a cluster.

Comment

Working...
                                X