• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liliantaroua
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    You can get snap shots using this URL:
    http://WANIPAddress/mjpeg/snap.cgi?chn=1
    You will have to port forward your camera to see it outside your local lan.
    Work like a charm. Thanks mate

Leave a comment:

• DLONG2
    replied
    For decent Dahua cameras with English language firmware on Amazon Prime, look for the "EmpireTech" store. Andy also ships products out of Hong Kong via DHL with only an email to him with a PayPal email address. Before the pandemic, his products would get delivered within a week. But the Dahua products work really well, and he stands by them.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Originally posted by martinarcher View Post
    I wish you luck and hope you have better luck than me. My entire network is Ubiquity products. The cameras were all connected to AP Pro's.
    Thanks...so far so good but it's only been a day

Leave a comment:

• martinarcher
    replied
    I wish you luck and hope you have better luck than me. My entire network is Ubiquity products. The cameras were all connected to AP Pro's.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    I've actually moved away from the Homeseer cameras. The indoor one the IR has failed and it was used in a dark location. While it worked it was a pretty decent little PTZ but it just didn't last. The outdoor cameras are both again not supplying BI a feed. Not sure if they are toast or just "offline" yet again. I've decided to keep my sanity all my cameras on the property are going to be hardwired POE. They just work.
    I'm trying this one to replace an Amcrest outdoor wifi camera that won't stay connected to my ubiquiti outdoor AP. We'll see if it becomes an expensive test. Sadly no way to get POE to this location.

Leave a comment:

• martinarcher
    replied
    I've actually moved away from the Homeseer cameras. The indoor one the IR has failed and it was used in a dark location. While it worked it was a pretty decent little PTZ but it just didn't last. The outdoor cameras are both again not supplying BI a feed. Not sure if they are toast or just "offline" yet again. I've decided to keep my sanity all my cameras on the property are going to be hardwired POE. They just work.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied

The QR code method allows you to add the camera to your WiFi without hardwiring it with a Ethernet cable. If you simply want to use it with BI you could plug an Ethernet cable into it, allow your router to assign it an IP via DHCP and then log into the router to see what the IP is and go from there.
    I've been trying this since the QR code method (both wired and wireless) didn't seem to work for me.

I reset, plugged it into a switch, and never get an IP. I'm running STP on a Unifi setup, and for some reason, the port is being blocked to the camera.

Any idea what i can try, before i send back?

EDIT: I got it working by logging onto the camera directly via an ethernet cable to a laptop were i changed the ip address... then was able to enter wifi creds and go from there. what a cluster.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Without going off the intended subject, is it as simple as changing the Primary DNS to your own router or some nonsensical set of numbers? Or blank?

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Personally always test the camera stream with VLC rather than IE aspx. In fact here only utilize Firefox these days.

Noticing now that my el cheapo HikVision 5MP test camera boards have options to stream to the cloud, locally, JPG, ONVIF (dual streams) and RTSP.

I have shut down the cloud streaming on my new OEM HikVision doorbell and access local SD recordings using a Hikvision application via VPN.

With RTSP / ONVIF streaming it should be very easy to connect to Blue Iris.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
    So i try to enter the RTSP url and nothing shows up in my browser?
    You can't use the RTSP url directly in the browser. You can use it in the configuration of the camera in BI or you can use it in something like VLC to test it, though.

Leave a comment:

• Dweber85rc
    replied
    So i try to enter the RTSP url and nothing shows up in my browser?

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Works in Chrome as well.
    I've had mixed results. The BI player works fine in Chrome for sure.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    that the built-in web player on the camera works fine in IE.
    Works in Chrome as well.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Di you change some general settings in BI and then restart the BI server (maybe at a later point?) I just went through a similar scenario after switching some HS and some not HS cameras to Intel hardware acceleration. This was in an effort to reduce CPU load. The HS camera, BI or my PC didn't like that at all. So I've reverted the settings and everything is fine again.
    Yep, I was following some other instructions about changing those settings to make it work with casting, but turns out that's not necessary. Being able to say "hey Google, show the <camera> on the <cast device>" and have it work dynamically is pretty awesome. And I just figured out you could get a stream for the group, too, so I can get a quad view of my cameras all at once. I'd rather it be native, of course, but until Blue Iris or HomeSeer do more direct integration (I'd like to leave out the "on the <cast device" part) that's as good as it's going to get, I think.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    ... and after spending most of the afternoon fighting with it and giving up and posting here, I solved it by turning off hardware decoding and found that the built-in web player on the camera works fine in IE.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X