Trouble adding camera - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble adding camera - Solved!

I decided to give the unit a try. If it works well, I'll get more although I'm hoping for a wider FOV and POE but one step at a time.

Setup appeared to go well until I got to the last step... push reset button until light goes out. I released the button but the light never came back on (just following instructions)

Finally, I pushed the button and held it until the light went out, then blinked fast and finally started normal blinking.

Unfortunately, I can't get past the read QR screen on my phone.

So I tried a factory reset and there is no red blinking LED. It stays blinking green (I assume since the initial setup process is not complete).

Yes, I turned up the brightness

Help please.

I'm in the same boat... Were you able to get it going?

Comment

You need to give more information. We don't even know what "the unit" is! What are you adding it to? Is this wired or Wi-Fi? Static or DHCP?
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.18,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.177,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.50.128.5,JowiHue 4.1.3.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.25.1,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3

Comment

Try the following instructions to add the HS-CAM-O camera to HS3.
        1. Perform a factory reset on the camera. This entails pressing and holding the reset button until the light turns turns off. You will then want to leave the camera plugged in and wait. The light will start to blink again after some time. The camera may be left on.
        2. In your HS3 system, navigate to Tools > Setup, then click the Network tab. You will want to make sure that there is an account here with your MyHS credentials. If there isn't one, create it. Make sure it has Admin+Local user rights.
        3. Restart your HS3 software. The system will take about a minute to start up, and once it has you will want to wait an additional 4 minutes. This will ensure that HS3 is aware of any cameras that do or do not exist.
        4. Once the 4 minutes have elapsed, open up HS Mobile fresh (If it was running in the background, kill the app and restart it), then go to the Cameras section and add a camera.
        5. Follow the steps as you normally would, and when you present the QR code to the camera. You will then want to wait on the QR screen until the app updates and says that everything has completed.
        For the HS-CAM-I
        1. Perform a factory reset on the camera. This entails pressing and holding the reset button until the light turns blue and the unit beeps. You will then want to leave the camera plugged in and wait. The camera will pan and tilt on its own once this process is complete. The camera may be left on.
        2. In your HS3 system, navigate to Tools > Setup, then click the Network tab. You will want to make sure that there is an account here with your MyHS credentials. If there isn't one, create it. Make sure it has Admin+Local user rights.
        3. Restart your HS3 software. The system will take about a minute to start up, and once it has you will want to wait an additional 4 minutes. This will ensure that HS3 is aware of any cameras that do or do not exist.
        4. Once the 4 minutes have elapsed, open up HS Mobile fresh (If it was running in the background, kill the app and restart it), then go to the Cameras section and add a camera.
        5. Follow the steps as you normally would, and when you present the QR code to the camera, you can stop as soon as the blue LED starts blinking quickly. You will then want to wait on the QR screen until the app updates and says that everything has completed.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I uninstalled BitDefender & have performed multiple factory resets on this device to get it configured without success.
          I know it's getting connected to my wireless network because I can see & login to camera on my local network but HS3 doesn't see it & the mobile app never gets past the QR code.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-06_14-26-35.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1344888Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-06_14-26-35.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1344889
          Attached Files

Comment

OK, I'm up and running. I connected the RJ45 and the camera was found right away so I knew it wasn't DOA.

Next, I took the time to find a 2.5mm allen wrench to move the mounting base enough to PROPERLY install the antenna. My bad.

Even though I have excellent wifi throughout the house, I decided to move closer to the router, just to eliminate another variable.

I had to try another two times but at some point, I put the camera down and went to make a phone call. When I came back, the phone I use for HS Mobile said "You're all set".

Sure enough, I can see the camera in HS Mobile but I'm very disappointed in a number of things
            1. The instructions are pretty much copied over from the interior version of the camera and not all the same jumping through hoops works. No red light for instance.
            2. Absolutely no instructions on use of an SD card.
            3. In HS Mobile I can't even expand to full screen. Seriously?
            4. No POE although I knew this going in.
            5. A reset button hangs by a wire. Anyone can walk up to the camera and kill it unless you hide all wires which isn't always so easy.
            6. If using Wifi and not hard wiring, there should be a plug to seal the RJ45 connector so it doesn't deteriorate over time.

Comment

I was finally able to get my HS-CAM-0 up & running.
              I was never able to get it configured wireless, it always stalled @ the QR code. I configured it wired then logged into the camera directly & configured it wireless.
              There were several issues that I think was causing my problems that I am going to point out here to hopefully help others. So far I have been unimpressed with the support from HomeSeer. They only gave me canned responses & instructions that I had already been through.
              My machine has several virtual network interfaces so I noticed this:

Name:	HomeSeer1.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1345489
              When HomeSeer starts & I have all the Virtual adapters enabled the LAN IP & Client IP are different.

I specifically have My client IP bound to 192.168.2.187, but I suspect this is just used for the webserver.

Name:	HomeSeer3.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1345490

Here's what I get when HomeSeer restarts with only 1 Adapter enabled:

Name:	HomeSeer2.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1345491
              LAN IP & Client IP are the same.
              After discovering this I was able to get the camera configured wired. I was never able to get it configured wireless through the documentation. It always failed @ reading QR code.
              I logged into the Camera directly & configured it for wireless.

Name:	HomeSeer4.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1345492

I've had the camera up & running 3 days & unfortunately I've had to toggle the power & reset the camera both days. Not sure why but found camera unresponsive on both mornings.

I hope this helps others get their cameras up & working.

Now that I have the camera up & working in HomeSeer how do I actually use it for events & such?
              I'm new to HomeSeer & porting my ZWave devices over from a Vera controller.

.sp

Comment

scottpack about 5 messages down, the thread by Tomgru has instruction on creating a virtual device and setting up the alert in Blue Iris, the stand alone app, not the plug-in.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ca...-fixed-for-bi5

If you don't have Blue Iris, try logging into your camera via the ip port. I've logged in and there's lots of "stuff" there that might be usable although that's for another thread.
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

I'm totally stalled on the QR Code part, using the iSmartViewPro app, trying both wired and wireless.

Worse, i can't even get my network to assign an IP code to it when wired. I'm running Unifi, and for some reason it is STP blocking the port it's plugged into. No amount of resets is helping.

Any ideas?

I'm assuming a network loop is occurring, but i can't get to any settings to fix that.

EDIT:

So more clues. I left it alone for awhile. Came back and see that while still blocked, there was an IP address of 192168.0.188

My network is 192.168.1.xxx - so not sure if that makes a difference?

Either way, i tried to login to the camera IP with no luck. Right after that, the camera/IP disappeared from my client list (in the controller UI)

EDIT: I got it working by logging onto the camera directly via an ethernet cable to a laptop were i changed the ip address... then was able to enter wifi creds and go from there. what a cluster.

Comment

Working...
                  X