Using Outdoor camera without BI or HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Outdoor camera without BI or HS

I was able to log into the camera directly and made some changes as far as SMTP from the camera directly. Then I can send a test email from the camera to my designated address in HS3 for incoming email, which should read the email and do whatever I want via event. That would be without BI5 or the BI plug-in.

The live video screen says download the ActiveX which I did but to no avail in Chrome or Edge. However, it DOES work in IE.

I haven't gotten the motion sensor portion to work but I'll playing with it.

Now... does anyone know who makes the camera? Anyone discussing this camera on ipcamtalk or any ideas as to where to get more info?

Could be that the camera is a Hikvision OEM.

My two Hikvision test camera boards have Active X interfaces. I can see and make changes to the cameras via the Hikvision batch configuration program.

Batch Configuration program shows that these are Hikvision DS-2CD3T20D-I3.

Give the application a test run.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hmm, I downloaded the tool from hikvision website but no joy. It says the camera at my ip address is offline when it's not. Port number default is 8000 and must be higher than 2000.

Edit:
      It seems the HYPlayer.exe is actually stored in the camera itself. Strange.

Comment

If it is a Hikvision OEM (most of them are these days) then set the admin password with the IE access. Then utilize the Hikvision Batch configuration program. You may be able to shut off the cloud stuff. Standard video on these is RTSP, OVIF and JPG snapshots. Well too local storage of events triggered by motion detection and or PIR connected to camera.

Most important is the admin access and password of 123456 default.

I've been able to disable cloud access application and just do local connectivity with the OEM Hikvision Doorbell and two Hikvision OEM smart camera boards.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Still NG, admin, 123456 confirmed.

I believe this is the camera:
          http://www.smarteyegroup.com/works/1080p/188.html

Comment

You mentioned the camera needed ActiveX in IE. That is the same as my test cameras. I changed the password in the active x IE configuration here and used the same password for the Hikivision IP batch configuration program.

Do a screen picture of the ActiveX program and post it here.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I did reset to admin - 123456 and tried again. Screenshots below. Currently wired, not wireless at least for now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 12-12-19 at 02.13 PM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	1346250Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 12-12-19 at 02.14 PM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	248.3 KB ID:	1346251

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                Still NG, admin, 123456 confirmed.

I believe this is the camera:
                http://www.smarteyegroup.com/works/1080p/188.html
                Or this one.
                http://www.smarteyegroup.com/works/1080p/152.html
                -Wade

Comment

Wade, you're right. It has 36 infrared sensors, not 24

Comment

Working...