Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTZ PoE Camera

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    PTZ PoE Camera

    Hi everyone,

    I apologize in advance if this is already asked, but I do not see it in the forums.

    does anyone have a recommendation for external full PTZ PoE camera that is compatible with HomeSeer? I need to mount 2 units approximately 35 feet up to the bottom of an 15 degree angled soffit (so need adjustable base to level camera from the angle) , I do not want to screw this up due to the lack of accessibility one the cameras are mounted.

    I have PoE ran to the area and will be running HS Pro on a designated server and need for my client to be able to access the images, and control the cameras from inside HS if possible, long with image tracking, day and IR, plus fixed disk recording.

    is it recommended to install cameras along with blue Iris? Forgive the questions, but I am new to cameras but not new to HS.

    What camera do you use, what software, and what plugin?

    thanks in advance.
    gary

    #2
    Welcome to the Board.
    Can you attach the cameras to the wall instead of the soffit? I have two of these and am very pleased with them. I control them with BI, and prefer to do it that way. I do not have experience controlling them from within HS.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

    HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

    Comment


      #3
      Thank you, unfortunately I need to have it under the soffit. Seems to be a great camera though, too mad there is no sort of mounting adapter.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Welcome to the Board.
        Can you attach the cameras to the wall instead of the soffit? I have two of these and am very pleased with them. I control them with BI, and prefer to do it that way. I do not have experience controlling them from within HS.
        Good timing... I was curious about this exact camera in BI. These are on sale as there is a newer version, but I usually downgrade the FPS anyway in BI to limit CPU overhead.

        Uncle Michael one question, how do you like the IR/night vision? I have a dome version of the Armcrest outside and find it not to be as good as my hikivisions.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          . . .how do you like the IR/night vision? I have a dome version of the Armcrest outside and find it not to be as good as my hikivisions.
          I have no experience with the Hikivision, so can't compare, but I'd rate it as okay. It's very good in the center, but falls off at the edges. (see attached example)
          Interestingly, the B&W image at dusk, when it's very difficult to see anything by eye - but before the IR is activated - is really good. Almost like daylight, but without color. (image on right)

          Click image for larger version  Name:	IR.PNG Views:	0 Size:	404.4 KB ID:	1348147 Click image for larger version  Name:	IR2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	471.4 KB ID:	1348150
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

          HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            I have no experience with the Hikivision, so can't compare, but I'd rate it as okay. It's very good in the center, but falls off at the edges. (see attached example)
            Interestingly, the B&W image at dusk, when it's very difficult to see anything by eye - but before the IR is activated - is really good. Almost like daylight, but without color. (image on right)

            Click image for larger version Name:	IR.PNG Views:	0 Size:	404.4 KB ID:	1348147 Click image for larger version Name:	IR2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	471.4 KB ID:	1348150
            cool thanks! last question... can it automatically pan, or do you do it manually? Like will it track an object in BI?

            Comment


              #7
              AFAIK it will not automatically pan to track motion. There may be a way, but I don't know how to do it if there is.
              It is possible to set up presets and have HS direct it to pan/zoom to a preset in response to a motion detector or other input. I have mine set to pan and zoom in on the front door when someone rings the doorbell, for example.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

              HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                AFAIK it will not automatically pan to track motion. There may be a way, but I don't know how to do it if there is.
                It is possible to set up presets and have HS direct it to pan/zoom to a preset in response to a motion detector or other input. I have mine set to pan and zoom in on the front door when someone rings the doorbell, for example.
                cool. thanks.

                Comment

                Working...
                X