Camera motion detecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera motion detecting

Can the camera detect motion and then trigger an event like turning on a light? It would be handy if it effectively replaced a motion detector.

Natively in hs3- not at this time. I run blue iris and use json urls to update a virtual device in homeseer when motion is detected by the camera through blue iris with no plugin to run events in homeseer. Additional functionality is rumoured for hs4.

Comment

I am now on HS4 and I have an alert in BI that changes a virtual device in HS. It worked perfectly under HS3 but doesn't seem to work under HS4.

This is the setting in BI: Camera Settings > Alets > On alert...
      192.168.1.35/JSON?request=controldevicebylabel&ref=5205&label=Motion

Then in HS I have a virtual device that is on/off but words changed to Motion and NoMotion

Then in HS Events: If device changes to Motion then xxx

Anyone have a similar setup?

Comment

I've upgraded to HS4 and I've paid for the Pro subscription to have the ability to record from my 6 Foscam cameras. I clicked on "Cloud Access" for each of the cameras under "Setup - Cameras" thinking the cameras would record automatically when motion is sensed. However, this is not the case. Am i supposed to setup an event to have this function or do i need to purchase separate motion sensors? If an event is suppose to trigger this, how do i set it up? I dont see detailed instructions for this from the couple hours that i searched. I am a novice so please keep that in mind. Thanks.

Comment

My experience with blue iris as a motion detector was one of too many false positive and false negatives. Granted I'm not a camera guru and my tweaks to motion detection could have made things worse instead of better.

Ultimately I added exterior motion detectors wired to my alarm panel and have been very pleased with their sensitivity and specificity. I still have my cameras up of course, but I don't rely on them for alerts.
          HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 1005
          Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I purchased the homeseer floodlight sensor and i was able to create an event using that sensor to trigger a camera to record. Regarding Blue Iris; i noticed that is a plugin i can purchase through Homeseer. Is this software what i need to be able to use my Foscam cameras to record? IF so, do i need to setup those cameras with Blue Iris first before purchasing the plugin through Homeseer?

Comment

Originally posted by lukeocampo View Post
              I purchased the homeseer floodlight sensor and i was able to create an event using that sensor to trigger a camera to record. Regarding Blue Iris; i noticed that is a plugin i can purchase through Homeseer. Is this software what i need to be able to use my Foscam cameras to record? IF so, do i need to setup those cameras with Blue Iris first before purchasing the plugin through Homeseer?
              blue iris is network video recording software. If you're not using blue iris, the blue iris plugin would not be useful to you. When I was using blue iris to trigger motion; I used it via JSON command to update a virtual device in homeseer. I never needed the blue iris homeseer plugin.

Here is a link to blue iris just in case you're curious; the main reason I could see getting it is if you want to set up an NVR on your own PC.

https://blueirissoftware.com/

HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
              X