Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HS-CAM-O loses hard-wired connection. Requires power cycle. Install or return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HS-CAM-O loses hard-wired connection. Requires power cycle. Install or return?

Greetings,
    I bought a couple more HS-CAM-O devices with the plan of hard-wiring them for reliability.

I went through the app configuration for one of them, no problem, HS found it and all was well with the exception that HS did not update the camera password from the default. No matter, I connected to the camera directly and set the password and assigned a fixed IP. All was well. I could see the camera on HS4, and on Blue Iris. At this point I left the camera hooked up with the plan of installing it this morning. It is connected to the same ethernet switch as the HS server. No reason to think the network hardware has problems.

Unfortunately, this morning, the camera was not visible on the network by any means including checking the router. The green LED was lit. A power cycle brought it back. It has the same static IP, password etc, so the settings did seem to "stick". I did not wiggle cables, power cycle any network hardware etc. All I did was power cycle the camera.

I am not highly motivated to spend half an hour up a long ladder in the snow installing this thing if it is likely to be unreliable.

What to do?????

Doug

I'd give it a week or so bench testing and if this continues return it. I've had 3 outside for over a year and this hasn't happened once.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It failed again, thankfully after only a few minutes.

I've hooked up a second, new, HS-CAM-O to the same cable and power supply. So far, it's staying connected, but time will tell.

Comment

I would try a different port on your router just to be sure it isn't that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
          I would try a different port on your router just to be sure it isn't that.
          No, it's not the ethernet switch, cable, or power supply. I tried that camera with everything swapped and I tried a different camera on this camera's stuff. The fault stayed with the camera.

I opened a ticket for a return at Homeseer but, so far, complete silence...

Comment

Any reply on this? This is the exact problem I’m having with a new HS-CAM-I.

- my password, never takes...I have to use the default
            - it connects, but then at some time later (usually less that 12 hours) I’m unable to view anywhere
            (I’ve reset 3 times same result)

Comment

I have 10 HS cams live with several more yet to be installed - some of each type - and several are having issues that all lead to failure of one kind or another. HS has replaced one and I now have three more acting up - all within warranty. Issues vary - lose network, lose config, just won't connect, etc. Some are wifi, some hardwired. My conclusion is they are just too unreliable for security use for me. I'm purchasing other brands to replace them.
              |
              | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
              HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Working...
              X