Motion detection sensitivity at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion detection sensitivity at night

I have a HS-CAM-0 installed above my garage door. I have adjusted the sensitivity via the camera's on-board web pages from the default of 50 to 25. We're in Georgia, so bugs abound, and they seem to be attracted to the infrared LEDs. We get hundreds of pics of insects flying past the camera all night. Last night, between midnight and sunrise (about 7:13 AM) the camera recorded 607 pictures of insects streaking past the camera. Once the sun comes up, it works better. I have reduced the sensitivity to 10 to see what happens tonight. (The camera also uploaded 397 15 second videos of the insects.) The jpg and mp4 files are uploaded to my FTP server, not to the cloud or stored on a microSD card, and not in HS (I found the HS saved videos were frequently corrupted and useless, even if I turned off the FTP uploads - that could be because there's no microSD card for local storage.)

Anybody else have this problem or any work-arounds to make it better? The next thing I'll try is to turn off the IR LEDs and leave an outside light on overnight to see if that works better.

Typical capture from HS-CAM-0 at night.

Comment

Bugs are attracted to the infrared lights. I have the same problem. I am using blue iris however so there are more options available within it than natively in homeseer, I've never bothered trying to adjust it much because it seemed to throw off the detection of the stuff I actually need to capture.

Comment

Working...
      X