Poe adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poe adapter

Curious if anyone has tried or thinks using something like this would work on the hs outdoor camera? I have not looked at the plug to see if it is right on my existing hs outdoor cameras. I have a couple of locations I want to put cameras but power is not there,not easily added, but I could easily get a cat 5 cable and have a poe switch. https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Adap...82944654&psc=1

Should work fine . The HS camera draws about 0.6A at 12V and this is rated at 1 Amp at 12V. Most cameras use the same 5.5mm X 2.1mm plugs so it should be plug/play.
    Jon

Comment

It looks like it should work, Like you I'm wondering if anyone has tried it yet.

Comment

I have not used that one exactly, but ones that look just like it from ebay.
        Both in the 5v and 12v flavors.
        I've also used passive splitters for injecting from the oem power supply (they split off again at the device)
        as well as used pakedge PI-04 injectors, PhiHong Injectors, and Foscam injectors as well as the Foscam mulkti-voltage splitters (which are nice cause you can select 3 voltages and 56 different tips) as I have a mix of POE cameras and devices as well as non-poe devices being treated as POE.
        the only problem I had was one eBay seller i bought 4 5v active splitters that all were DOA. they would not take the power from my POE switch and put anything out. Other than that, i've had good luck with active and passive splitters and various injectors.

Comment

I use splitters like that - they work fine.

Comment

Just to officially report back, i did get one and finally installed it, works great, no more extension cords!

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
              Just to officially report back, i did get one and finally installed it, works great, no more extension cords!
              Good to hear. I was just thinking about this again the other day (must have seen a sale on Homeseer cameras!)

Comment

Those injectors work but you might be better off with using a PoE Switch. All my outside cameras are PoE. Most PoE switches have fans and are kind of loud. I am looking into replacing mine and get a fanless PoE switch with at least 16 PoE ports. Note that many switches only allow some ports to be PoE. For instance, there might be a 16 port switch but only 8 port support PoE. There are also different levels/power or PoE.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                  Those injectors work but you might be better off with using a PoE Switch. All my outside cameras are PoE. Most PoE switches have fans and are kind of loud. I am looking into replacing mine and get a fanless PoE switch with at least 16 PoE ports. Note that many switches only allow some ports to be PoE. For instance, there might be a 16 port switch but only 8 port support PoE. There are also different levels/power or PoE.
                  Yes I am running this off of a Cisco 3750x that has poe on all ports and its in a closet so the fans don't bother. But yes injectors are less than ideal. This adapter is not an injector but a poe splitter that splits off the juice to a separate power plug

Comment

Working...
                  X