Camera update to new wifi network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera update to new wifi network

My last wifi router just quit and i am ready to get the camera on the new wifi. Do I need to factory reset the camera to reattach it to the new wifi? Are there instructions to how to reconnect to a new wifi after initial setup?

Thanks

Which camera are you using?
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I have the HS-CAM-O camera.

Comment

Try these steps.
        1. Perform a factory reset on the camera. This entails pressing and holding the reset button until the light turns off. You will then want to leave the camera plugged in and wait. The light will start to blink again after some time. The camera may be left on.
        2. In your HS3/HS4 system, navigate to Tools > Setup or Setup > Users for HS4, then click the Network tab. You will want to make sure that there is an account here with your MyHS credentials. If there isn't one, create it. Make sure it has Admin+Local user rights.
        3. Restart your HS3 software. The system will take about a minute to start up, and once it has you will want to wait an additional 4 minutes. This will ensure that HS3 is aware of any cameras that do or do not exist.
        4. Once the 4 minutes have elapsed, open up HS Mobile fresh (If it was running in the background, kill the app and restart it), then go to the Cameras section and add a camera.
        5. Follow the steps as you normally would, and when you present the QR code to the camera. You will then want to wait on the QR screen until the app updates and says that everything has completed.
        πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I tried the above but must have messed up somewhere. I can see the camera in HS3 but it won’t show video. I also still see the old camera in the HomeSeer mobile app. Is there a way to delete that.

i think I am going to try and delete both and start again.

Comment

Working...
          X