Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOW AVAILABLE: New Z-Wave Plus Floodlight Sensors!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOW AVAILABLE: New Z-Wave Plus Floodlight Sensors!

Our first shipment of HS-FLS100+ Z-Wave Plus Floodlight Sensors are now in the warehouse! This unit is designed to be a drop-in replacement for existing sensors on motion-activated floodlight fixtures. Here are the options:

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS-FLS100-Front-2-Pack.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.8 KB ID:	1244415

Conventional Floodlight Mode
    HS-FLS100+ can be used as a conventional motion-activated floodlight sensor to power floodlights when motion is sensed during dark hours. Controls are provided for manual adjustment of LUX sensitivity and floodlight ON times.

Smart Floodlight Mode
    When added to a smart home system, HS-FLS100+ will send Z-Wave commands to the smart hub or home controller when motion is sensed and when the LUX level changes. Likewise, the smart hub or home controller can send Z-Wave commands back to the HS-FLS100+ to turn floodlights ON and OFF. This added functionality provides a very high level of flexibility not typically available in conventional motion-activated floodlights.

Smart Sensor Mode
    HS-FLS100+ can be installed and used simply as an outdoor motion and LUX
    sensor. Floodlight functionality is not required. This provides some interesting
    security and smart home possibilities!

Z-Wave Plug-In
    Please install Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.231 or later. This plugin allows you to easily adjust the settings and configures the devices properly.

For more information, visit the product pages in our store here:
    https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...odlight-sensor

Introductory price is 10-12% Off!
    Last edited by macromark; August 29, 2018, 11:54 AM.
    Learn About HomeSeer

Distance and so forth are listed here:

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...-sensor-2-pack
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

I bought one of these yesterday - potentially will be purchasing more depending on my results.
      The problem - beta Z-Wave plugin V .231 is required.
      Beta .231 still has issues as described in ticket 26019.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
        I bought one of these yesterday - potentially will be purchasing more depending on my results.
        The problem - beta Z-Wave plugin V .231 is required.
        Beta .231 still has issues as described in ticket 26019.

I don
        Pasting unformatted text into a reply has issues with the new version of the board -

Here is the rest of the message:

I do not mind living on the edge - blindly purchasing new-not-yet-reviewed technology.
        Please give me the ability to do so.

Thank you.

Comment

Just installed mine, took maybe 20mins and fit great in the housing. I already had LIFX bulbs in, so wired it so the bulbs would always be on, and using events based on the motion sensor. The LIFX bulbs have IR emitters for night that turn on automatically, hence why I did it this way. Ignore the bugs, but here it s with fairly common floodlight from HD:

Will let it run for a few days and report any issues. Pretty happy about this as replaced a hack that was there before that didn't work.

Comment

Glad its working - mine should come tomorrow.

Comment

I ordered 4, but just now realized that they are on/off. I wish they were dimmers instead. I like to keep my outdoor lights at about 20% until motion is sensed, then go to 100%. I already have micro dimmers for them, so I may just use these for the motion sensors for now.
              MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                I ordered 4, but just now realized that they are on/off. I wish they were dimmers instead. I like to keep my outdoor lights at about 20% until motion is sensed, then go to 100%. I already have micro dimmers for them, so I may just use these for the motion sensors for now.
                Maybe I've been living in a cave but I've never seen a standard motion activated floodlight fixture that was designed to dim. Is this really a thing?

That said... ya, you can install a micro dimmer in the same box and just wire power to the sensor. Then, when motion is sensed, have HomeSeer control the micro dimmer.

Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                  Just installed mine, took maybe 20mins and fit great in the housing. I already had LIFX bulbs in, so wired it so the bulbs would always be on, and using events based on the motion sensor. The LIFX bulbs have IR emitters for night that turn on automatically, hence why I did it this way. Ignore the bugs, but here it s with fairly common floodlight from HD:

Will let it run for a few days and report any issues. Pretty happy about this as replaced a hack that was there before that didn't work.
                  NICE!!! yes, would like to hear how it works for you.
                  Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Maybe I've been living in a cave but I've never seen a standard motion activated floodlight fixture that was designed to dim. Is this really a thing?

That said... ya, you can install a micro dimmer in the same box and just wire power to the sensor. Then, when motion is sensed, have HomeSeer control the micro dimmer.
                    Actually, yes! They have "Dual Bright", which is a dimmed off state and a full on bright state. Normally you can't determine the Dim value (except to say Dim or Off). The reason I like these is that they "ramp up" so it's not a harsh on/off, which I think the Neighbors prefer (I know I would).

My only thing now is I'll have to move my micro-dimmers to the light casings. I currently use 1 micro-dimmer to control 2 back lights, so I'll have to get a new one of those as well (I only have 12/2 wire going there, so the dimmers will have to live in the casing).

Either way, as long as these can handle the Florida Weather, I'll much prefer these as I don't have to climb up and down ladders to change batteries. The only thing that might be missing is Humidity and Temp
                    MeiAutomtion Home

Comment

Working...
                    X