Outdoor use? Waterproof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor use? Waterproof?

I would think this goes without saying, but literally it is not mentioned in any current documentation. I have purchased a floodlight fixture that said." Not Intended For Outdoor Use.".....

So, I'm asking, Can this handle rain or a sprinkler system?

Rob

Until I can get this information here's a document that may help a bit.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...07703090078236
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp posted the guide that has the specs, but yes, it's IP44 water proof.

Comment

Yes they are weather proof (whew, had to remind myself lol)

I ordered four of these pretty much immediately after receiving the availability announcement email. These (and more once they prove they work for my installation) will finally put the nail in the X-10 pr511 residual devices which have served well for >20 years.

And yes, in reviewing the installation manual hidden in the specs:
        Protection Degree IP44

Hidden all the way at the bottom of
        Specifications
        PIR Tilting Angle 140∘ Mounting Height Recommended 1.8 ~ 2.0m on Normal Brick Wall
        PIR Detection area
        Max. distance 12m, max. angle of120

Comment

Thanks everyone! Got two on order! Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
            Thanks everyone! Got two on order! Can't wait!
            Excellent! Be sure to post your results here!

Comment

I'm also curious. I have one installed on the gable (wall) and there isn't a roof covering it. Its placement kind of requires me to point it straight down (I want to monitor the narrow walkway along the side of the house) but i'm a bit worried that the angle places all the knobs/buttons on top where rain can just puddle on them. Is this a safe placement? Its night time right now so I can't get a picture but something like the picture below but our roof is much higher leaving it more exposed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ledbat1000045506_-04-high-performance-motion-sensor-security-light-mr-beams.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	1336412

Comment

Working...
              X