Sensor relative performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensor relative performance?

First, love the concept - addresses a problem I have been contemplating solutions to - reliable exterior motion detection that integrates with HS and lux sensors on different parts of house for lighting intensity/control and blinds. However, I currently have RAB exterior sensor lights. The sensor quality is phenomenal.

It seems that z-wave motion sensors are often inferior to non z-wave. I don't know why. Even wired, my cheap interior alarm sensors are far more reliable than any z-wave sensor I have, even those that I have hardwired over poe.

Until these came out I intended to upgrade my cameras and install a series of optex 402s, wired to the carmeras, to trigger events through blue iris. I don't currently use blue iris, but do still have a license, and have the overhead available on the machine that runs HS. the BI plugin is reportedly quite good, which would provide additional functionality.

So i guess my question is just sensor performance - are these on par with standalone units or are do they follow the z-wave trend for detection?
Working...
X