Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lights always turn on, then off (like I am stuck in test mode).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights always turn on, then off (like I am stuck in test mode).

Installed the sensor today, the inclusion process was straight-forward, worked on the first try. Yay!

However, it does not seem to be working as I would like.

I have parameter 1 set to "60" seconds.

I have set parameter 2 to "0". My understanding is that this means the unit will never turn on the lights.
    They go on every time I walk in front of the unit and then shut off about 5 seconds later. In addition, motion is shown in Homeseer for about 5 seconds then it reports no motion, even though I have parameter 1 set to "60".

It is acting like it is permanently in "test mode", as mentioned at the bottom of page 5 of the manual.

What I am trying to accomplish:
    I want the lights never to go on because of movement. I want the unit to report to Homeseer that motion has been detected and then based upon some rules I want Homeseer to decide whether to turn the light on or not. I believe that is precisely the definition of "Smart Sensor Mode".
    Last edited by FreezePlanet; September 5, 2018, 04:33 PM.

As usual, merely posting my issue eventually leads to it working shortly thereafter, regardless if anyone even saw the posting.

So what did I do:
    1) Made sure I was running at least 3.0.1.231.
    I had been using the updater, but did not realize the required version was still in beta.
    2) After doing the update, I removed the devices from Homeseer and re-added them (synched with the controller, did not exclude the node).
    3) The list of devices changed but the behavior did not.
    4) I then removed the node from the network (exclusion).
    5) Re-added the node to the network (inclusion).

The list of devices still matched the previous list, but now it is behaving correctly. Motion is leaving the lights off, but reporting the motion to Homeseer.

Comment

Continuing my discussion with myself..

Installed a second unit. It's doing the same thing the first one did when I installed it (stuck in test mode). Not sure why. Will report back here if I figure out what the problem is.

Comment

Aha.. I think I figured it out. Perhaps it was obvious to others, but not me. I moved the dials and it started to work. I then dawns on me that "T" stands for test. So when you install the device, you still have to move the dials away from the end. I had not been touching the dials because the documentation basically says the dials are ignored when Homeseer is in control.

Comment

Thank You for your updates, I just ordered one and will use your advice.

Comment

I had the same problem. I spent two hours trying to get one of the floodlights working and found this post when I gave up. Moving the Time dial off of "T" definitely fixed the problem. The Lux dial had no effect. The documentation is definitely not clear about this.

Thanks to FreezePlanet for finding the fix.

Vic

Comment

Thanks for posting this, I was having the same issue and this saved me hours of head scratching!

Comment

Glad I found this thread - made quick work of a silly challenge with this new device.
                Thanks

Comment

OMG. thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X