sensing and responding to sustained motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sensing and responding to sustained motion

My motion sensor is at a property front gate, with a road in the background. I would like to set the motion sensor to trigger the gate post lanterns when there is someone stopped at the gate, not by every car which goes by, after 830 pm until the next daylight. So I tried the attached sequence of events, but it is not working. Still the gate post lanterns come on every time a car goes by, and they only stay on for a few seconds. What I did was set the Trigger off period to as short as possible that is 8 seconds, so that the sensor checks for motion every 8 seconds. I then set a counter to count the first motion trigger, but do nothing else. And then if a next trigger happened within the next 8 seconds then the lights should turn on. Then remain on 5 mins then switch off automatically. Then reset the counter back to zero after the lights was on for 5 mins. Please see the screen shots of events 1 2 and 3 attached. I would appreciate if anyone can point out why his sequence does not work, or an alternate way of turning on the gate post lanterns when there is lingering motion in front of them, and not when the cars go by in the background.
    Regards
    Chris
    ​​​​ ​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	event 1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1262630Click image for larger version

Name:	event2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1262628 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version