Motion sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sensitivity

Does anyone know if there is a way to control PIR sensitivity on the HS-FLS 100? It works to good 😁.

Thanks,
    Scott

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What Pir device? My Aeon Labs MultiSensor6 has a parameter setting for Sensitivity( 1 to 5).

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
      What Pir device? My Aeon Labs MultiSensor6 has a parameter setting for Sensitivity( 1 to 5).
      HS-FLS 100 HomeSeer floodlight sensor

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't have one of these, but looking at the manual, I don't see a sensitivity parameter. Maybe some one who has one can chime in or you could call HS support and ask.

Comment

Absolutely too sensitive. I'll be removing mine come spring. I can't have the floodlights turning on constantly all night long for no apparent reason.
          I'll be reverting to the old X10 sensor which has performed well for many years. At least with it, I can, through events, disable the floodlights when necessary by having Homeseer receive the motion status then control the floodlight. It may react more slowly in this manner, but reliability and the ability to control action are more important to me.

Let me know when this device evolves to the point it becomes useful.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
            Absolutely too sensitive. I'll be removing mine come spring. I can't have the floodlights turning on constantly all night long for no apparent reason.
            I'll be reverting to the old X10 sensor which has performed well for many years. At least with it, I can, through events, disable the floodlights when necessary by having Homeseer receive the motion status then control the floodlight. It may react more slowly in this manner, but reliability and the ability to control action are more important to me.

Let me know when this device evolves to the point it becomes useful.
            @MacroMark, is sensitivity a feature we'll see on the outdoor motion sensors anytime soon?

Comment

X10 was the only motion light combination that I used outside as it was the best at what it did. I've later switched to using either dual beam optex america motion sensors or combination pir and microwave. Both less susceptible to wind and sunlight for false alarms. Then I have Hs3 turn on an outside light of my choice.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                X10 was the only motion light combination that I used outside as it was the best at what it did. I've later switched to using either dual beam optex america motion sensors or combination pir and microwave. Both less susceptible to wind and sunlight for false alarms. Then I have Hs3 turn on an outside light of my choice.

Stuart
                Hi Stuart, do you have part numbers for those devices by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
                  Hi Stuart, do you have part numbers for those devices by chance?
                  My old X-10 sensor also gets an A+. The unit I had was a PR511. There may have been a newer model come later but as I recall I had this in service for more than 12 years. I moved and recycled most X-10 stuff. Now I wish I hadn't Value Village'd the goods.

I think a dual tech sensor is what is needed. I am going to swap out the flood light motion sensor for a dual-tech microwave/motion sensor. These don't suffer the falses that outdoor single tech PIRs suffer from.

HS should incorporate dual-tech as I think it would be a hit with most people trying to capture camera stuff by motion.

Comment

I guess I missed this one. I have an OptexVX-402 but they have been discontinued. They now have the VX Infinity series by Optex.
                    Stuart

Comment

What is the current status on this? Sensitivity it a necessary feature plus you put it on all of the other motion devices so why not this one?
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Come in macromark , rjh , can you hear us?

I just installed one of these over the weekend in my backyard. I like it for that location as it's a large, deep space. But, I don't think I could use it at the front or sides of my house due to it's high sensitivity. I was hoping to purchase another ~4 but at this stage I'll probably have to wait and see what develops.

Comment

I said earlier that due to the sensitivity issue, I'd planned to revert to my old X10 flood controllers. This didn't happen.
                          Over the winter, I had lots of time to fiddle with the FLS100, trying various parameters as it was difficult to get a ladder up on the house to work in freezing temperatures.
                          I ended up, setting "Load Control" (Parameter 2) to 0 to prevent the floodlights turning on at all hours of the day/night and using an event to control the lights based on motion (from the FLS100) & Lux Level (from my Davis Vantage Pro 2 Weather Station). Somehow, this seems to have solved the sensitivity problem for me.
                          In fact, I've found this method to be so satisfactory, I bought two more FLS100's to replace my remaining X10 floodlight units. Quite happy now.
                          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                          X